Floor Covering Sales Representative
East Hartford, CT
The Floor Covering Sales Representative develops floor covering business through prospecting, networking, cold calling and servicing new accounts and existing furniture accounts throughout CT, Western MA and Eastern NY markets. Manages life cycle of order process; partners with Credit Department in collection of delinquent funds; delegates and helps prioritize the activities of order fulfillment in conjunction with Floor Covering Operations. Meets and often exceeds sales volume and profit goals.
- Identifies prospects and potential customers through internal referrals, networking, associations, business journals, web sites, etc.
- Researches and investigates all prospects’ product, industry, structure, and potential as future client in order to qualify lead and develop an effective call or first contact strategy and sales plan.
- Executes call or first contact strategy and establishes rapport or follow-up with prospects; schedules consultative meetings and presentations to obtain future business.
- Develops, administers and adjusts content of sales presentations in accordance with prepared sales plan
- Prepares quotations and RFPs for the client’s review:
- Develop and enter a budget.
- Determine profit margin.
- Align internal resources for execution of sale.
- Outline and create product specifications, labor pricing, customer pricing.
- Schedule delivery and installation timeframes
- Copy management on all proposals and review orders over $15,000
- Obtains and forwards client approved quotes, purchase orders or sub contracts to Floor Covering Division for order entry and order maintenance, per Floor Covering guidelines.
- Tracks product orders and schedules installations with customer.
- Ensures smooth installation by preparing instructions for delivery and installations, monitoring the preparation plans for installation and attending installation if required.
- Ensures punch list is completed after creating a post-installation audit to ensure all items are ordered, installed and repaired.
- Reviews labor and material invoices prior to processing.
- Complies with Credit and Collections’ policy and procedures by obtaining credit information, providing the customer with credit application and following up with the client to ensure application is completed accurately and returned; review Red Thread’s terms and conditions with the customer and receives authorizing signature. Secures the customers’ deposit and review the customers’ purchase orders and purchasing policies to remove any payment obstacle(s).
- Collects delinquent funds by serving as a liaison between the customer and Credit and Collections to resolve price discrepancies, damage and authorization issues. Resolve credit holds by communicating the clients’ needs regarding payment and financing with Credit and Collections.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending company and vendor sponsored educational and product workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Keeps management informed by submitting planning reports and project updates.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products and delivery schedules. Recommend to Sales Manager improvements in products, services, and methods by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Obtains new product orders by servicing existing accounts through continuous needs analysis and follow-up.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Intermediate Level PC skills: Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Solid communication skills, including verbal, oral, written and listening skills.
- Must possess creative problem-solving skills and exercise good business judgment.
- Shows leadership, is innovative and takes initiative.
- Estimating skills to prepared detailed budgets from prints and/or create specifications.
- General knowledge of the floor covering industry and specific market information.
- Project management/site supervision capable of monitoring installation and interacting with customers, general contractors and project partners.
Level of Education/Training/License:
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Three+ years sales and floor covering experience with measurable success, preferably with business-to-business exposure.