Food Scientist: Prepared Meats and Meals
Cargill Meat Solutions
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Scientist: Prepared Meats and Meals will provide technical expertise to new product development for product line growth and technology and process development for the creation of new capabilities. In this role, you will coordinate with other scientists to innovate new product development by identifying and implementing technical solutions to meet business goals.
- Identify product growth and new product opportunities.
- Analyze and interpret market data to take advantage of opportunities and minimize adverse trends.
- Stay abreast of current literature and analytical advancements.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership on products, process development and improvement, quality systems and regulatory oversight.
- Partner and stay connected with cross functional teams that include marketing, insights, sales, ops, food safety quality and regulatory.
- Provide findings and analysis with insights, research and commercial brand to develop short and long term testing programs for experimental and commercial products and hybrids.
- Collaborate and build partnership with sales, business management and marketing partners to identify customer needs and translate these into new product development opportunities.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years combined professional experience in the following areas: protein formulation development, ingredient functionality and product commercialization.
- Ability to work in a cold environment and lift up to 30lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Master's degree or other post-secondary degree.
- Knowledge of cooked meat products: formulating, processing, sensory evaluation, shelf life, etc.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Experience with experimental design, statistical modeling and interpretation of data.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build effective plans to support business strategies and goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet