Forage Harvester Tech / Diesel Mechanic
Stotz Equipment is looking for a Forage Harvester Tech / Diesel Mechanic. This individual will be responsible for the effective diagnosis and repair of engine components including small engines, agricultural equipment, and other equipment sold in the market area. Their work must be completed safely, professionally, and in a timely manner. If you're the kind of person who strives to do great work, excels in creative team environments, and lives for problem-solving this is the place for you.
What You'll Do
This individual will be responsible for the effective repair of machinery and assorted components at high levels of quality. Daily duties will include customer contact diagnosing, troubleshooting using diagnostic tools, making repairs, and acting as an ambassador of the company. Almost all work assignments will be completed in the field, on occasion, work will be completed in the shop.
What It Takes
- 4 to 6 years of diesel mechanic experience in a shop or in the field
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of John Deere equipment
- Must own and maintain their own tools
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work a varying work schedule/shift and be flexible to respond to after-hour calls.
- Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
- Able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Have and maintain a clean driving record
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral communication and written skills
- Strong organizational skills
Compensation will depend on proven knowledge.
- 4 to 6 years of John Deere experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and a telephone.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements (i.e. having the visual acuity to read words and numbers on the computer screen and on paper.)
- Hearing ability is sufficient to communicate with others in person or over the phone.
- Light to moderate lifting may be required (up to 25 pounds)
- Ability to reach, stoop, kneel, and bend as needed.
- Required: High School or better
What You’ll Get
- Incentive pay program
- Training through John Deere University
- A chance to work with some of the best in the business
- A comprehensive benefits plan including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K
- Earned PTO
- Paid Company Holidays
About the Company
The company, founded as Arizona Machinery in 1947 has been under the same family's leadership since. Tom Rosztoczy, CEO of Stotz Equipment since 1998, has grown our company from 3 to 24 dealerships operating in 8 western states. In 2013, all dealerships were consolidated under the name Stotz Equipment. The name Stotz -- a shortened version of the family's last name -- was suggested by employees to make sure our growing company never loses sight of its family history. With a history of success, Stotz is always looking toward the future. Growth plans for the future will offer you an ever-changing and challenging environment with immense professional growth opportunities. Stotz Equipment believes that people are the company's number one asset. People are the starting point in the company's Circle of Success. Every employee at Stotz strives toward our ambitious vision of "To be the Best Equipment Dealer in the World".