Forklift Driver- 1st & 2nd Shift- Temp to Hire
Passport Food Group
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Move materials to and from storage, products areas or freezer/cooler using a forklift, pallet jack or power jack.
• Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand or using pallet jacks, power jacks, forklifts or other equipment.
• Attach identifying tags to products and ingredients or mark them with identifying information.
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
• Stack products in locations such as cooler or freezer, using pallets or cargo boards if needed
• Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
• Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
• Follow the freezer to cooler rotation and FIFO programs.
• Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
• Record shipment data, such as weight, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
• Deliver or route materials to departments using hand trucks and forklifts.
• Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY
• Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s
• Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to the Production Manager or Supervisor, Q.A. Department or Management.
• Attends Food Safety/Quality training sessions