Forklift Driver (1st Shift)
S&C Electric Co.
In this job you will be responsible for the operation of either stand-up or sit-down lift truck. You will work in a production environment, engage in continuous production activity, meet requirements within time constraints and you will be held accountable for the quality of your work.
This role is part of the Assembly team you will be expected to learn assembly operations for medium-voltage switchgear units. These assembly tasks require a mechanical assembly aptitude, a high degree of eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, and the use of both hands and arms on a repetitive basis for a full range of motion.
The work associated with this job includes but is not limited to the following:
- Operating a stand-up or sit-down lift truck.
- Collecting and delivering materials of various dimensions to multiple assembly stations.
- Delivering inventory to set storage locations and shelf storge.
- Performing the necessary record keeping so that parts may be retrieved in a timely fashion.
- Loading and unloading trucks with containers of various shapes and sizes.
- Performing simple mechanical inspections of your lift truck on a daily basis.
- Ability to obtain Lift Truck certification by completing Power Industrial Lift Truck Training Program offered on premises is required.
- Performing mechanical assembly and inspection using torque wrenches, screwdrivers and tape measures.
- Perform mechanical assemblies on various S&C products ranging from small to large assemblies.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate a stand-up or sit-down lift truck.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read basic blueprints is a plus
- Ability to analyze inventory and job order information from a mainframe-based MRP system.
- Ability to use basic shop math and measuring tools such as tape measures.
- Ability to use air impact tools and other hand-held tools.
- Ability to follow specific instructions and procedures and read assembly prints.
Relevant Experience Required:
- One to three years’ experience operating a forklift.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with intermittent walking.
Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Walking: Occasional walking moderate distances (less than 1/8 mile).
Carrying: Frequent carrying of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 25 lbs.
Pushing: Occasional use of powered hand truck to move parts a moderate distance.
Pulling: Occasional use of powered hand truck to move parts a moderate distance.
Bending: Frequent bending and crouching required to complete the assembly tasks.
Reaching: Continuous full range of motion from above the shoulders to below the knees.
Handling: Continuous handling of parts ranging in size from 5 lbs. to 25 lbs.ID:uDnQdo