D & D Commodities Ltd.
Our Pet Segment is seeking a Forklift Driver to be part of our K&H Team based in Surprise, AZ. The Forklift Driver is responsible for transporting finished products in a timely manner from the production line areas, as well as inbound/outbound areas. Supplying production lines with raw materials, cartons, and packaging supplies. Putting away finished goods, picking and staging product for shipment to the customer. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Transports finished goods from production lines to the pallet wrapping area and then to the staging area.
- Responsible for trailer load paperwork, ensuring that the correct counts and the correct items are stated (Paperwork must be signed by loaders).
- The use of RF guns to pick & put away product.
- Picking product by use of pick lists and building pallets by order.
- Responsible for correct counts of finished products as well as performing random cycle counting.
- Place correct pallet rotation placards on finished pallets matching the products being manufactured.
- Unloading/loading of inbound & outbound trailers.
- Supplying production lines with raw materials, cartons, paper, and poly packaging as needed/or as requested by line operators.
- Monitor forklift battery charging station and battery levels and perform daily forklift inspections.
- Keep dock, warehouse, wrapper areas, and computer areas clean and organized.
- Recognize and report any material/product defects through Quality inspections and label accordingly.
- Other duties may be assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Forklift driving and PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) training /certification is required by K&H.
- Experience on wire-guided stock pickers and turret trucks a major plus.
- Mathematical skills required the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping safety a high priority.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hand and arms, reach above shoulder height, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste and smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Manufacturing and Warehousing environment with adequate climate control.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet with proper safety equipment.
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to thousands of free online courses
- Discounts on cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- Education Assistance (both college degrees and professional)
- Referral Program with cash bonus
- Access to on-demand pay
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT) (NASDAQ: CENTA) understands that home is central to life and has proudly nurtured happy and healthy homes for over 40 years. With fiscal 2022 net sales of $3.3 billion, Central is on a mission to lead the future of the Pet and Garden industries. The Company’s innovative and trusted products are dedicated to helping lawns grow greener, gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. Central is home to a leading portfolio of more than 65 high-quality brands including Amdro®, Aqueon®, Cadet®, Farnam®, Ferry~Morse®, Four Paws®, Kaytee®, K&H®, Nylabone® and Pennington®, strong manufacturing and distribution capabilities and a passionate, entrepreneurial growth culture. Central Garden & Pet is based in Walnut Creek, California and has over 7,000 employees across North America and Europe. Visit www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.ID:uDnQdo