Forklift Mat Handler I (1st Shift)
Good Foods Group, LLC
Pleasant Prarie, WI
The Forklift Operator – Material Handler will transport inventory and organize material to assigned locations and as directed.
• Keeps material available for production by removing the material from the inventory and organize materials in their assigned locations.
• Verifies that materials are correct for production tasks throughout the day.
• Organizes materials on the production floor (V-mag carts, boxes, totes, etc.) and ensures that unused materials are returned to proper storage areas using our ERP scanner.
• Communicates with production leadership to plan production needs.
• Verifies the accuracy of carrier bills in accordance with applicable laws and company policy.
• Utilizes warehouse tracking system to find product.
• Transports materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas using a forklift or hand truck and scans for proper location.
• Ensures compliance with all related safety standards.
• Carries out a daily inspection of equipment/forklift.
Qualifications and Additional Skills:
• GED or high school diploma is required
• 3-6 months of experience operating a forklift and using a scanner to access inventory systems
• Ability to communicate with all levels of Team Members effectively in oral and written communication. Bi-lingual English and Spanish is a plus but not required.
• Ability to read labels and production documents as well as write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Ability to operate or learn to operate a stand-up forklift.
• Proactive mind-set, decision making ability and flexibility are important as well as the ability to work under just in time pressures.
• Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to take control of situations and follow them through to a successful end result.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• None Required
• Individual will be subject to production and warehouse environment (Wet environment with temperatures ranging from 38 to 40 degrees)
• Medium/ High noise levels from operating machines and cleaning equipment
• Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
• Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to enforce Good Food Manufacturing (GMP’S) processes
• Frequently required to use personal protective equipment when using any cleaning chemicals
• Able to hold stationary positions for extended periods of time
• Able to communicate information accurately to others
• Able to detect and discern sounds accurately in order to exchange information
• Able to move throughout workspace frequently
• Adjust self to stooping, reaching, crouching, and twisting positions on occasion
• Able to observe details at close range, perceive colored images as well as effectively perceive computer generated images on a screen
• Inspect, activate, operate, and position any appropriate machinery functions
• Able to work overtime and/or weekends if/when needed
• Level I
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions associated with a particular job. It is intended only to be a general description of the essential functions common to positions of this type. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.ID:uDnQdo