Forklift Material Handler
Banker Steel Co., LLC
*** Available positions are for Weekdays Day Shift, Weekend Day Shift and Weekdays Night Shift***
Role and Responsibilities:
The Forklift Material Handler will work with the Materials Management Department and will report to the Materials Manager or designee. Responsibilities to include but not limited to the
- Receives material and applies all inventory bar code tags for incoming material as well as scanning material to designated locations.
- Safely install rigging equipment on material being handled in yard.
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections.
- Prepares material for shipment by identifying location, pulling and loading.
- Assist with the execution of Cycle counts and other counts as assigned.
- Perform tasks in production / yards to ensure on time processing of material.
- Practice good housekeeping standards and ensure safety standards in the work area by clearing debris, removing obstacles that could interfere with traffic movement, etc.
- Reports any issues with material being received.
- Responsible for accurately receiving, scanning, and Labeling Material Transfers
- Operate forklifts without supervision.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Ensure full compliance in accordance with the Banker Steel Company safety program and 8 cardinal rules as outlined upon employment within the organization.
Skills and Requirements
- High School Or GED
- Experience in forklift and other heavy material handling operation
- Knowledge of basic inventory control procedures
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, with excellent strong work ethic, attention to detail, organizational and listening skills
- Must be able to constantly work in various indoor conditions including hot and cold temperatures, dust and noisy conditions.
- Must be able to lift a maximum weight up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry a maximum weight up to 20 lbs. frequently; 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Frequent standing, walking, reaching forward, balancing, feeling, object handling, simple hand grasping, firm hand grasping, and operating controls will be required.
- Regular sitting, climbing stairs and ladders, reaching overhead, stooping, and crouching will be required.
- Must be able to properly wear all required Personal Protective Equipment.