Martin Sprocket & Gear
Fort Worth, TX
Who is Martin Sprocket & Gear?
Martin is a progressive leader in the Power Transmission and Bulk Material Handling Industry, classified as an essential business. We are proud of our rich heritage dating back to our beginning in 1951 as a family-run organization. Fast forward to today, we have more than 30 locations in North America.
Why is it great to work for us?
As an employer of choice, we offer a stable work environment with equal leadership development and career growth opportunities. We take great pride in our people and believe they are our greatest asset.
- Affordable Medical, Pharmacy, and Dental
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Profit Trust Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Pay
- Shift differential's
- 2nd Shift: 6% added to an hourly wage
- 3rd Shift: 8% added to an hourly wage
What will you do?
In this role, you will perform maintenance and repairs to industrial equipment and assist in mechanical repairs throughout the plant.
- Understand and adhere to all safety and environmental regulations, safety procedures, and company safety policies.
- Perform routine, emergency and preventative maintenance of forklifts.
- Interpret manufacturer’s technical manuals to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed.
- Troubleshoot forklift problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
- Able to diagnose and repair mast and attachment components.
- Replace broken or defective parts from stock parts and/or order replacement parts for major repairs.
- Good working knowledge of brake systems and tire/wheel changes.
- Reassemble forklifts and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
- Perform safety inspection of forklifts prior to being released back to the work floor.
- Cleaning of equipment and other areas as required.
- Ensure work area and methods used in carrying out job duties meet safety requirements.
- Maintain an organized and neat work area.
- Complete legible service documents and logs for preventative maintenance tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Schedule: 1st Shift, Monday-Friday 6:00am- 2:30pm
What are we looking for?
We're looking for engaged individuals that are adaptable to a changing environment, take pleasure in learning and enjoy working with others.
- Three plus years of previous related experience, including maintenance of various lift trucks such as Toyota and Yale with lift ratings up to 12,000 lbs required.
- Solid foundation of mechanical aptitude would be preferred.
- Electric scissor lift and basket lift experience a plus.
- Work scheduled hours with overtime as required.
- Work independently or share work with others to perform equipment maintenance tasks.
- Walk and stand for the entire scheduled shift
- Able to work in hot or cold environments as necessary
- Ability to work in a team setting and to communicate appropriately with Managers, Supervisors, and fellow employees with Courtesy and Respect
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company's Ft. Worth, TX branch to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.ID:uDnQdo