The Raymond Corporation
Pengate Handling Systems and Arbor Material Handling joined forces in November 2020 to form Arbor/Pengate. Together, we are a powerhouse material handling company that provides various warehousing solutions throughout the Northeast United States. We provide top-of-the-line equipment, service, consultation, parts, and training programs to businesses of all sizes throughout PA and NY, and portions of MA, VT, OH, WV, MD, DE, and NJ. We have 7 locations throughout the region including Albany NY, Syracuse NY, Scranton, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, Breinigsville, PA, York, PA, and Willow Grove, PA and we have over 300+ teammates across these facilities.
With our average tenure being over 10+ years for our employees, Arbor/Pengate takes care of our people by putting YOU and YOUR FAMILY first and work second.
What’s The Job?
We are searching for a Field Service Technician to join our Willow Grove, PA team who would be responsible for working independently within your territory doing exactly what you love, fixing things. In this role, you will be undertaking duties that include pre-start checks, planned maintenance, and breakdown repair on our customers’ forklifts.
What Will I Be Doing?
Here are just a few things you can expect to do daily:
- You will work with customers to mechanically troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain equipment while following customer’s safety and housekeeping guidelines.
- You will typically leave from home each morning and work with minimal direct supervision at customer sites.
- You will exhibit a professional demeanor, promoting goodwill between the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer service.
- You will provide personal tools required for performing the job effectively and safely, while keeping them clean and in good working order.
- You will prepare necessary documentation relating to each service call in a neat and accurate manner.
- You will maintain a clean, stocked and organized and hazard-free service van; assuring the completion of regular maintenance is performed (i.e., oil changes, tire rotations).
- You will provide shop/field training to new technicians to supplement formal training programs.
What Makes Me Qualified?
(Don’t worry if you don’t check all these boxes. If you feel you’re still qualified, please apply!)
- An accredited high school diploma or technical degree from a trade school or 2-year college.
- 1-3 years of similar mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean motor vehicle record plus the ability to drive multiple hours daily.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and training materials, follow verbal and demonstrated instructions.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Demonstrates a good mechanical and electrical aptitude, effectively utilizing volt, ohm, multi-meters, and oscilloscope.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and maintain a good understanding of industry innovations and product availability to make recommendations according to their need.
- Ability to safely operate drills, grinders, presses, forklifts, hoists, and overhead cranes while demonstrating good safety practices including use of appropriate safety equipment when needed.
- Familiarity with PC (laptop/iPad) applications to diagnose equipment issues.
So, What’s in It for Me?
- FREE Basic Health, Dental, and Vision coverage. Additional plans available!
- Competitive Pay!
- 10 Paid Company Holidays!
- Paid Maternity Leave!
- Progressive Company Culture!
- Supportive Management!
- Endless Career Growth!
Arbor/Pengate is dedicated to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote and celebrate a diverse workforce and do not tolerate any discrimination. Any and all human relations decisions will not be based on persons’ race, color, religion, sex, national original, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, veteran status, or citizenship. All potential hires are subject to pre-employment checks which include but are not limited to background checks and drug screenings. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation in completing an application, interview, or pre-employment requirement, please reach out to our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]ID:uDnQdo