Colonial Materials, Inc.
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
Capitol Building Supply, Inc. Forklift Operators will be responsible for areas of warehouse maintenance, shipping/receiving, product storage, and delivery set-up.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain health and safety compliance in accordance with company policy
- Prepare orders by processing requests: pull accurate materials and place in appropriate area for customer pick up or delivery; loading and unloading trucks as necessary
- Maintain inventory controls through minimizing materials damage and ensuring order accuracy
- Be able to organize the warehouse and manage bin locations
- Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service
- Ensure that equipment is maintained to company operating standards
- Cuts and stages outbound orders prior to the crew’s return, and the night before the crews’ departure in the morning.
- Loads delivery trucks efficiently and quickly with the correct balance and weight for truck size (maximum 30 minute turnaround time)
- Loads trucks with 100% accuracy for product type and quantity
- Drives forklift safely and operate equipment within the guidelines for efficient and safe operation
- Reports all maintenance problems with equipment to yard manager immediately
- Completes VCR form on forklift
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- High school diploma preferred
- 1-3 years of experience or more is preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- Must be able to lift 50lbs Frequently, will move about inside the warehouse
- Must be able to operate warehouse machinery
- Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly in warehouse environment
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive information
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER