Forklift Operator / Warehouse Worker
Valley Interior Products Co.
Pigeon Forge, TN
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
The primary function of the Warehouse Worker is responsible for areas of warehouse maintenance, shipping/receiving, product storage, and delivery set-up.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain health and safety compliance in accordance with company policy
- Prepare orders by processing requests: pull accurate materials and place in appropriate area for customer pick up or delivery; loading and unloading trucks as necessary
- Maintain inventory controls through minimizing materials damage and ensuring order accuracy
- Be able to organize the warehouse and manage bin locations
- Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service
- Workers are required to lift to 50 lbs., walk or stand for most of the shift, and wear protective gear and steel-toed boots
- Ensure that equipment is maintained to company operating standards
- Must be able to think for yourself-problem solve
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- High school diploma preferred
- 1-3 years of experience or more is preferred
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 50%
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must wear protective gear and steel-toed boot
- Frequently, will move about inside the warehouse
- Must be able to operate warehouse machinery
- Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly in warehouse environment
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive information
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER