Forklift Service Road Technician- Stevens Point, WI
Fairchild Equipment, Inc.
Stevens Point, WI
Position requires you to repair and maintain electric, propane, CNG, diesel lift trucks and customer equipment. Qualified applicants will have a mechanical background. Experience in forklift repair and maintenance is required. Accepting applicants with background in heavy, agriculture or construction equipment. Recent graduates from technical schools with education in automotive and/or diesel repair are strongly encouraged to apply. Fairchild Equipment prides itself on its Core Values and promoting its employees’ growth within the company and welcomes the individual who shares those values.
Family Values – Healthy work/life balance promoting a winning and pleasant work environment. Follow the Golden Rule.
Safety Always – We are committed to safety at all times and in all places.
Customers for Life – Excellence in customer Service. If we don’t deliver, let us know, and we WILL fix it!
Employer of Choice – Happy and productive employees who outwork the competition.
Active in our Communities – Outstanding citizens in the market we serve.
*** $5,000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS PLUS $1,000.00 TOOL INCENTIVE***
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accepts repair orders as assigned by Service Manager, Service Dispatch or assigned person.
- Servicing in the following area: Stevens Point, Wisconsin.
- Coordinate with Service office staff in communicating necessary repairs to customer and obtains approvals.
- Reads work orders, observes and listens to truck in operation to determine/diagnose malfunction or problem(s).
- Offers solutions to meet customer specifications.
- Provides estimates when appropriate.
- Repair, service, recondition or assemble equipment as approved by the customer/Service Manager.
- Obtains necessary parts working cooperatively with Parts department staff.
- Makes mechanical repairs to equipment after a complete inspection and analysis of breakdown has been completed.
- Records complete repair description on work order, including correct model and serial number of equipment and records hour meter reading.
- Obtains signature from customer and communicates with them on repair needs or work that was completed.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, specified safety devices on truck and makes adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.
- Maintains professional image of self and cleanliness of van (externally and internally) at all times.
- Maintains and operates shop equipment and tools.
- Notifies Service Manager or Supervisor of safety issues and/or accidents immediately.
- Performs quality work as quickly and professional as possible.
- Promotes marketing efforts to drive parts, service, equipment and rental sales.
- Completes service forms and submit directly to Service department daily via work tablet.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- 3+ years’ of mechanic experience and/or education relating to the position.
- Basic knowledge of computer and internet software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety manual, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of an organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting 75 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 40 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 15 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Frequent physical activity of the position:
- Stooping- bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching- bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Crawling- moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Reaching- extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Walking- moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing- using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling- using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting- raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally form position-to-position.
- Grasping- applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.
- Talking- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Occasional physical activity of the position:
- Climbing- ascending or descending.
- Balancing- maintaining body equilibrium.
- Fingering- perceiving attributes of objects by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- The visual acuity requirements:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature.
- The conditions the worker will be submitted to in this position:
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to extreme cold: Temperatures typically below 32 degrees for period of more than one hour. Worker may also be subject to other environmental conditions such as wind and humidity.
- The worker is subject to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Worker may also be subject to other environmental conditions such as wind and humidity.
- The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicle, electrical current, exposure to high heat and exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin; fumes, orders, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The worker is occasionally required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- The worker may be subject to oils: there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
This position is hourly pay based on overall mechanical experience. We have a training program that offers product certification training in all aspects of material handling equipment. To take that next step in your career, and have an opportunity for additional growth, you will want to join our dynamic team. Fairchild Equipment, Inc. is recognized as the fastest growing company of its kind in the Midwest! Fairchild Equipment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apply now!ID:uDnQdo