Foundry Supervisor (Floating)
M&H Valve of Anniston, AL is actively looking for a high priority Floating Foundry Supervisor to assist in multiple Foundry Departments. 1st and 2nd shift needs.
Foundry departments include: Cleaning Room, Molding, Melting, Core Room
This position supervises and coordinates activities of team members engaged in foundry operations.
**You must successfully pass a Hair Strand Drug Screen, Physical, and Background screening.
See what we do! Click here to take the Facility Tour!
M&H Valve is a Division of McWane Inc. McWane is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Foundry Supervisors are responsible for the safety, production, and quality of assigned department(s). Foundry departments include Cleaning Room (finishing), Core Room, Melting, and Molding. This position will supervise and coordinate all activities of the department, while leading according to the McWane Way.
Department Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Proactively promotes demonstrates The McWane Way principles, values, and behaviors.
- 1st Responsibility – Ensuring personal safety and the safety of team members; exhibiting culture of Safety First
- Effectively communicates and translates safety standards to employees to ensure clarity is reached throughout the department
- Oversees the day-to-day functions supporting the operation.
- Facilitates daily startup meetings with workforce while promoting safety and unity.
- Ensures quality processes are in place and effective.
- Confers and collaborates with other supervisors and managers to ensure seamless communication and effective transition of products and activities.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment and adjusts as needed.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Schedules machining operations needs to meet production requirements
- Ensures production packets are planned, released, and printed to the required department.
- Confirms cycle counts are completed and submits changes to ensure inventory is accurate in all warehouses.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance personnel.
- Maintains established stocking plans requirements on finished and rough parts for assigned product line. Makes suggestions when needed on raising or lowering requirements.
- Completes sampling process in a timely manner for scrap reduction and productivity improvements.
Supervisory Responsibilities - Directly supervises 10 – 20 team members
- Listens to employees’ professional needs while coaching and empowering staff to optimize and elevate their competencies.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Proactively addresses potential issues and works to quickly resolve any complaints or concerns.
- Interprets company policies for the team.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate the team to achieve work goals.
- Maintains and approves employee time records (schedule, vacation, and attendance credits)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferred; high school diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of 3 years foundry experience, required.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience, required
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, required.
Directly supervises team members in assigned areas. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Uses mathematics to solve problems.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Design software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wide range of temperatures, humid conditions, moving machinery, dust, fumes, gases, odors, vibrations and varying noise levels.ID:uDnQdo