Frame Welder (1st Shift)
Dynamic Manufacturing Solutions
Join UCT and be part of the fastest-growing sector in the world! We indirectly touch every semiconductor chip that goes into every smartphone, smart car and device that uses artificial intelligence. This is a critical time for the semiconductor industry and for UCT - as technology evolves, we evolve with it. UCT is a diverse workplace where every talented employee is committed to continuous innovation, challenging the status quo and exceeding customer expectations. If you are a person with a relentless drive to succeed, a strong focus on quality with a passion for success – join us today!
UCT is seeking an experienced and talented Frame Welder to join our team in Chandler, AZ! Responsible for performing Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG) and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG) on a diversified line of products which include close tolerance large and small weldments in accordance with the appropriate (AWS) welding codes and symbols. This includes the layout, fit/tack, and fabrication of a frame weldment having multiple details. Materials include various grades of steel: tube and sheet, stainless steel: tube and sheet, and aluminum: tube and sheet.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced frame welding activities with minimum instructions and supervision.
- Works with team members to achieve department goals based on production schedules.
- Interprets complex blueprints, manufacturing drawings, and written work instructions. Must interpret AWS welding symbols and basic GD&T.
- Sets up welding equipment in accordance with the appropriate weld process specifications (WPS).
- Completes weldments to the applied AWS welding code and blueprint requirements.
- Positions weldment details in location using fixtures, precision squares, rules, and calipers to meet blueprint and quality requirements.
- Utilizes material handling equipment in conjunction with the welding task.
- Performs minor maintenance on job-related equipment.
- Assumes responsibility and care of assigned tools and equipment.
- Observes and practices safety procedures and policies.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and work instructions.
- Knowledge of AWS welding symbols required. Basic knowledge of GD&T preferred.
- Ability to perform welds that pass a visual inspection and destructive test.
- Basic math skills; must be able to perform conversions and basic calculations.
- Strong attention to detail, quality-focused, and willing to learn.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Must comply with Jager-2 Vision test compliance.
- Ability to operate hand/air tools and electric grinders.
In Arizona, this is considered a Safety Sensitive Position
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in TIG and MIG welding with 3 years sheet metal and structural tubing of close tolerance parts or equivalent advanced education.
- Work is performed primarily in a standard manufacturing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push, pull, grasp.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to move arms, hands, and fingers.
- Ability to sit or stand for sustained periods of time.
- The worker has protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes
- Subject to hazards including, electrical current, moving mechanical parts, exposure to chemicals, debris, and intense heat.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment.
- Subject to noise levels.
At Ultra Clean Technology, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Ultra Clean Technology is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under laws and regulations.
UCT offers an excellent benefits package to all full-time employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off.ID:uDnQdo