Full Stack .Net C# Software Engineer
Compugraphics USA, Inc.
MacDermid Graphics Solutions is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, USA with manufacturing facilities in US, UK, China, and Australia. MacDermid Graphics Solutions is an innovation partner trusted by hundreds of the world’s leading printing and packaging suppliers. We work with our customers to create unique, comprehensive, and sustainable solutions for their graphics supply chain. We have a global network of strategic supplier partnerships and distributors, combined with our proven technology and support, which ensures our customers achieve their operational, financial, and strategic business goals.
MGS is part of the US based Element Solutions (NYSE: ESI), an international specialty chemicals company and a business unit within the Industrial and Specialty Group.
Today, MGS enjoys approximately 15% share of the entire global flexographic printing plates market. We’ve grown to become one of 3-4 major competitors providing a full range of printing plate equipment, products, and services to leaders in flexible packaging, folding carton, corrugated, and tags & label services. Our customer’s customers include the major consumer packaged goods brands you know and use every day. Our solutions enhance the graphics quality, consistency, packaging performance, and brand equity for the most recognizable CPG companies in the world.
The primary focus of the Software Engineer is the design, development, testing, and support of software solutions in close collaboration with the Equipment Engineering and Application team as well as potential 3rd party organizations.
- Design, develop, test, and support software solutions for equipment user interface, workflow, and data collection solutions.
- Develop documentation and user training material for user interface, workflow, and data collection solutions.
- Maximize productivity of equipment and material by developing and implementing best in class software solutions.
- Align with technical and commercial leadership to gather customer feedback for continuous improvement.
- Foster a controlled development culture within the organization by aligning development processes with all innovation functions.
- Assist in driving and cultivating an environment for innovative developments, customer-focused solutions, and equipment operations that will support new revenue sources and services for the business.
- Support the creation of an environment of world-class support that ensures we delight our customers and exceed their expectations every day.
- Build trust-based relationships with key stakeholders within MGS and key customers.
- Drive results by living and encouraging a “say what you do and do what you said” mindset at all levels of the MGS organization.
- Own, maintain, and deliver on project plans for software development projects.
Requirements & Qualifications
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related field of study or equivalent experience in a relevant field. A degree plus specific print industry experience, 3 years or greater, is preferred.
- Experience in building applications which communicate with PLC is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- The candidate must have 3+ years of experience in C# application development.
- You should be a full stack developer and have a proven background in developing applications using WPF.
- You should have a track record of writing and supporting clear, concise, scalable, and well documented code.
- You should be comfortable supporting and enhancing a team-based support process and methodology - where sales and production development cycles can last 24-36 months, depending on the technical complexity of the opportunity, available resources, and defined market need, yet application support requires prompt, consistent and professional response, and documentation.
- You should have strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills. Professional image along with extraordinary organization and communication skills are a must (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- You should have advanced skills in technical and analytical software tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Blend and SQL Server.
- Experience with XML based workflow standards such as JDF is highly advantageous.
Element Solutions Inc group of companies are E-Verify Companies and provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job applicant procedures. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation