Full Time Sales Associate – Beringer Winery
St Helena, CA
The epitome of a modern classic, Beringer has been Napa Valley’s benchmark producer since its establishment in 1876. Winemaker Mark Beringer crafts classic wines from Napa’s finest appellations and Beringer’s exceptional collection of vineyards. Beringer is not just a name on a bottle. It is an authentic brand filled with the spirit of American optimism. It’s consistent, trusted and respected. It’s forward looking, but also extremely proud of its past. The historic estate in St. Helena offers a tradition of hospitality that defines the Napa Valley.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Hospitality Sales Associate at Beringer with a background in customer service, a good eye for detail, and truly enjoys fostering a wonderful experience for every guest that visits the property. As a Part Time Hospitality Sales Associate, you will be the main point of contact for our guests, so a polite, friendly, and energetic demeanor is a must.
- Set-up and host wine tastings and tours for guests
- Sell wine, merchandise and wine clubs to meet or exceed monthly sales targets
- Collaborate with co-workers to provide a superior guest experience
- Provide service and hospitality that exceeds our competitors and our guest’s expectations
- Stay current on Sterling Vineyards wines and customer offerings
- Be engaged and active in local wine industry community – know our market
- Be informed on local hospitality offerings and make recommendations to guests
- Participate in TWE training programs
- Strive for WISE triple score sales and service results
- Open, close and operate cash registers
- Assist in events, private dinners and various site activities
- Assist Wine Inventory and Merchandise Dept. with restocking, inventory and floor upkeep
- Follow site policies and procedures including but not limited to: Opening and closing, inventory of merchandise and wine, etc
- Act as a backup for other Hospitality Sales Associates who are conducting tastings and tours
- Must be 21 years of age
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Passionate about wine
- Sales and conversion via hospitality and knowledge
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to relay their knowledge of wines and wine production
- Dynamic communication skills & positive attitude
- Must have a clean professional appearance and excel in intercommunications and interactions
- Ability to start a project and carry through to successful implementation
- Knowledge of food and wine, the wine industry, Sonoma, Napa and Bay Area restaurants
- This position must work weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), some holidays and evenings
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs (a case of wine)
We bring our whole selves, we’re courageous and we deliver together – that’s our DNA. We’re a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun and keep things down-to-earth. We’re brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We’re definitely “glass half full” people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If you’re ready to help us be the world’s most admired premium wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. If you require any assistance to be included in our process, please contact [email protected], quoting the job title and reference number.
Pay Transparency Disclosure: The base pay range offered for this position is $21 to $26 per hour plus monthly bonus. These figures represent what we reasonably expect to pay for this position, but the actual compensation offered will depend upon numerous job-related factors, including but not limited to candidate qualifications, skills, experience, education, location, and alignment with market data. Our expectation is that the incumbent will work out of St. Helena, CA. If the incumbent works out of another location, the wage rate may fall above or below this range. Treasury reserves the right to modify the range in the future.ID:uDnQdo