Functional Safety Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI
Empowering people, creating technology.
- Serve as the technical lead with planning and coordination of functional safety activities and responsibilities covering the entire product lifecycle.
- Establish and maintain overall product safety plan and contribute to the definition of the product architecture to ensure appropriate protection layers for both active (functional safety) and passive safety features and functions.
- Define and drive the completion of ISO 26262 work products in close coordination with the hardware and software development teams.
- Directly manage informal internal and 3rd party assessments with accredited authorities.
- Efficiently manage and assess functional safety deliverables during customer and/or supplier integration which may include the structuring of DIAs and safety manuals.
- Provide technical leadership for product safety analysis including HARA development, FMEDA, and FTA.
- Lead consolidation efforts to achieve functional safety assessment for products that span markets that are legislated by differing functional safety standards such as IEC 61508.
- B.S. in Electrical or Controls Engineering or equivalent (MS preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of experience with automotive or similar systems. Electric vehicle experience or battery integration is a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in functional safety programs.
- Functional safety certification in ISO 26262, IEC 61508, or equivalent is required.
- Familiar with requirements management tools such as DOORS and FMEA tools such as IQ-RM.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills – position requires strong interaction in multi-functional team environment particularly in high-pressure situations (e.g., launch).
- Travel is expected to not exceed 10% of time including occasional international travel.
The Freudenberg Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants and associates without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.Freudenberg Battery Power Systems LLC ID:uDnQdo