Were you the kid that always helped carry the groceries inside, the go-to handyman in the family, or even the person that exceeded using all the parts while doing DIY furniture projects? If you answered yes, you might be a great addition to our Installation team. You will be the tools and muscle of the company. This is a vital role within our company where every day is an adventure and you have a huge impact on our growing company
The Furniture Installer is responsible for installing furniture at customer locations by loading/unloading trucks, placing, and installing office furniture per floor plan specifications. The Furniture Installer works efficiently and accurately to ensure the job is completed on time and the project is successful.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Pulls products from Storey Kenworthy warehouse.
- Loads and unloads trucks using appropriate equipment or by hand at dock and street levels; carries product up and down stairs where elevators are not available.
- Offloads products, identifies product lines, and stages product for installation; clears away debris.
- Assembles, aligns, and levels systems furniture; installs electrical components and checks to ensure components are operational; maintains ability to install and adjust casegoods and seating products; disassembles, moves, and reassembles systems products.
- Reviews floor plans prior to and during installations to understand, recognize, and measure critical dimensions.
- Follows the proper use, maintenance, and safety requirements of hand, power and mechanical tools.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the job site during and after the installation.
- Disassembles, removes and disposes of old furniture per customer’s request.
- Attends team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational / Experience Requirements
High School degree or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience; some knowledge of tools, electronics / electrical, furniture assembly and carpentry required; construction or mechanical experience preferred; experience reading floor plans preferred.