Gas Turbine Application Engineer
Gas Turbine Application Engineer
Would you like to take ownership of delivering an exceptional service to our customers?
Would you enjoy working with multiple teams to ensure on-time delivery?
Join our Application Engineering team - Gas Turbine
At Baker Hughes our purpose is clear. We take energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We help our customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity.
Partner with the best
As Application engineers -Gas turbine , you will ensure that gas turbines operate reliably and economically through regular performance assessment, implementing well-timed maintenance measures, as well as predicting and identifying faults before they can lead to failures that cause loss of production.
As Gas Turbine Application Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing, managing and negotiating the Baker Hughes technical proposal relevant to GT applications; responsible for the estimation/accuracy of the budget associated with the proposed solution.
- Leading the definition of the project technical strategy, influencing customers towards Baker Hughes solutions by properly accounting for competitors’ technical strengths and weaknesses versus Baker Hughes offering/capabilities.
- Preparing, within the required timeline, the most attractive technical proposal at first submission (i.e. including but not limited to the selection of gas turbine and its auxiliary systems) using ITO tools and following ITO policies and procedures, implementing, where appropriate, innovative technology (NPD).
- Applying product and quality policies, addressing and mitigating any risks as per Baker Hughes procedures
- Leading the technical negotiation, coordinating with supporting functions and attending meetings/presentations with customer.
- Handing over the technical contract to execution team in case of award.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a BSc. from an accredited university or college or equivalent work experience.
- Have experience in Engineering, Application Engineering, Technical Sales, Product management, Customer Service or equivalent technical/commercial role.(minimum 6 to 8 years)
- Have exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills for preparing proposals, conducting meetings, answering sales/customer questions, and writing/explaining technical aspects with dedicated presentations.
- Have Commercial acumen & leadership influencing skills.
- Be willing to work on stretched deadlines with flexible time management and available to travel on short notice.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Please discuss your preferred working patterns with the recruiter during the process
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
Additional elected or voluntary benefitsID:uDnQdo