General Helper 1st shift Packaging
Alpha Baking Co., Inc.
Job descriptionPackaging employees work in a fast paced environment that can be physically demanding removing packaged bread/bun products from conveyor placing them on store trays or casing product for shipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sorts baked products, and packs only product that meet specifications
- Sets aside product not meeting specifications for resale or donation.
- Ensures that bakery product is packaged in the correct bags.
- Places cardboard cases in box maker.
- Removes loaves of bread from packaging line and places them in store trays.
- Remove bakery products from line filling cases for shipment.
- Passes the cases through the tape machine and printing system.
- Labels all cases with the appropriate label to indicate product inside and lot code
- Remove filled cases from conveyor end of tape machine and places them on pallets.
- Fills out company logs on a daily basis.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly sweeping floors and keeping work station clean.
- Cooperates on all matters regarding safety and health in work area.
About usAlpha Baking Company, Inc., a national distributor of breads, rolls and buns, as well as sweet goods, was founded in 1979. Headquartered in Chicago, Alpha Baking has three production plants in Illinois and others in Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Alpha Baking’s retail brands include S. Rosen’s, MaryAnn, Natural Ovens Bakery, Kreamo, and Golden Hearth, with additional product sold under private label agreements and the Alpha Baking foodservice brand. Our broad array of products can be found in national restaurant chains, quick service restaurants, schools, institutions, major league sports franchises, national grocery chains and independent grocery stores.
Required qualifications, skills and experienceRequired qualifications, skills and experience :
- Food manufacturing is highly preferred
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety procedures or willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Candidates must be able to work in environmental extreme temperatures
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 30 lbs. without assistance
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, crouch, talk or hear.
EEO statementWe are an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws which include race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or veteran status, Alpha Baking Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.