General Labor Clean and Grind
Kraft Heinz Company
New Ulm, MN
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
New Ulm Plant
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- Full Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company Matched 401K (6%)
- On site Company Store
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health Reimbursement Account (HRA).
- General Labor starting at $19.35, Annual salary starting at $40,200.00
- Annual Bonus opportunity (FOIP) up to 3.5% of annual earnings
- $1.00 per hour shift premium
Weekly Rotating Shifts for Production Employees, Monday through Friday. Shift start time depends on the department, but weekly rotations begin on 3rd, 2nd, and then 1st shift.
Plant & Community Overview:
- The Kraft Heinz Plant in New Ulm has been a workplace of choice in the community since its opening in 1955. Current products include Velveeta, Velveeta Mini-Block, Kraft Deli-Deluxe, and Foodservice for popular restaurant chains.
- 400 Hourly Employees.
- 23 Salaried Employees.
- Average tenured employee is 12 years of service.
- Over 125 employees have more than 20 years of service.
- There is over 5,000 years of experience in the New Ulm Plant!
Welcome to our New Ulm Community!
At our New Ulm location, we make processed cheese. The work here is fast paced and we reward hard work and strong performance. The greater your performance, the more opportunities you will have to work your way up in the company. In a General Labor role, there are a wide range of opportunities available to learn and master different skills.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Performing Good Sanitation Practices (GSP’s) when handling equipment.
- Practice Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Perform all required observations and training timely and as scheduled.
- Conduct daily Production Line Checks and document.
- Preform daily Quality Checklists.
- Perform tasks with limited supervision.
- Work requires simple math skills such as addition and subtraction.
- Upgrade to higher skilled jobs within the production department.
- Document HACCP details.
- Provide accurate and consistent feedback to department supervisor.
- Consistently communicate with department co-workers on current tasks.
- Perform sanitation duties for production equipment as needed and period sanitation work as assigned.
- Proper knowledge, handling, and usage of cleaning chemicals.
- Operate electric hand truck.
- Develop strong lines of communication with other departments to ensure plant-wide efficiency.
- Other duties may be required and assigned as needed.
- Responsible for knowing and following all GMP’s.
- Must be able to lift moderate weight.
- Follow all Safety Rules, use LO/TO when necessary, wear all appropriate PPE.
- High School Diploma/GED Preferred.
- Previous Manufacturing Experience Preferred.
- Seeking individuals who work well with teams, are goal oriented, and enjoy satisfaction in performing a job well done.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.