Title: General LaborLocation: Quincy, WA
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description SummaryThe general labor position covers a wide variety of jobs requiring some basic training and direction by the supervisor. These jobs may occur in any area of the plant or, on occasion, may require working in raw product storages or potato fields. These jobs require good physical stamina and are labor intensive.
- Perform the set up and breakdown of tote bins and pallets within the plant. Fills, rakes and moves the totes to staging areas via hand jack.
- Properly stack knocked down totes and pallets.
- Operate simple equipment including power hand jack and tote bin dump.
- Repeatedly lift and stack cases of finished product as assigned.
- Maintain good housekeeping in his/her assigned area: Sweep, shovel potatoes, rake, vacuum, hose, scrape, paint, pull vines, and shovel snow or sand as directed.
- Rework damaged or restricted cases and bags of product.
- Adapt to changing work environments: work outside cleaning raw product storages, work in the wet prep area, or shovel spilled product in a frozen warehouse.
- Work in field digging potato samples.
- Work in Raw Receiving pulling rocks and vines as trucks are unloaded.
- Work on the back dock assisting load-out drivers with rail and truck loading and performing cleanup as required to keep dock area clean.
- May be assigned to painting projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory or lead personnel.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Have the ability and willingness to follow instructions.
- Be knowledgeable of safe lifting techniques.
- Actively practices and abides by all Company work, safety and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being done.
- Be able to communicate orally and/or in writing at a level to effectively complete the tasks of this position.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
Paid Time Off
Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
Family-Friendly Employee events
Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.Job Requisition ID: Req-233062Time Type: Full timeIn compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to a candidate’s work location, job duties, experience and expertise. A reasonable hourly estimate of the range for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $17.79
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local lawID:uDnQdo