General Labor Sanitation 3rd Shift– Full Time – San Lorenzo, CA 94580
San Lorenzo, CA
This position starts at $21.50/hr with a shift increase of $1.00 for 3rd shift and potential for overtime. We have open positions for third shift.
If you are looking to make an impact in a meaningful way, join us at Tyson Foods where we are raising the world’s expectations for how much good food can do! We create quality products in a safe environment for our team members. We offer great benefits and advancement opportunities. This facility operates five days a week and produces Pepperoni and Salami.
This position is responsible for covering, sanitizing, cleaning and prepping equipment for use in various departments.
- Applicants will be considered for a Sanitation opening in the Sanitation Department to cover up motors, electrical plugs and all electrical control panels, metal detector and it’s housing, clean up excess waste on the floors prior to wash down.
- Use a pressure hose to spray down all equipment such as conveyors, grinders, blenders, equipment parts, tables, sinks vats, combo bins, and areas in and around. Scour equipment parts (air needles, etc.) with a scouring (green) pad.
- Sanitizes equipment and areas with sanitizer and applies oil to parts where needed. Cleans lights, pipes, walls as required as instructed by the Sanitation supervisor or management.
- Removes waste from waste bins and put into the compactor for non-recyclable waste.
- Removes recyclable wastes [clean carbon boxes (no-meat residual) and casings] and place into the recyclable compactors.
- Assists in coordinating and completing evening work assignments.
- Assist in training of sanitation employees in cleaning the production, kitchen, packaging, Cryovac and coolers, skinning and dry rooms.
- Assists in the inspection of machines and re-clean and sanitize the area and/or equipment, which are rejected.
- Assists the Sanitation supervisor in training of new employees and in safety awareness Conducts bioluminescence swabs on pre-selected equipment in RTE and Kitchen.
- Ensure that Sanitation chemical supplies are used in accordance with sanitation standards or regulatory.
- Perform any other work as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as needed and all shifts.
- All job offers are based on the conditions that the candidate can provide proof of authorization to work legally in the United States and pass a urinalysis screening which is part of the post-offer health assessment.
- Must be able to push/pull/lift with arms below waist/at shoulder/above shoulder level up to 60 pounds repeatedly.
- Be able to push/manipulate up to 60 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be willing to tolerate temperatures of 35 degrees or below for entire shift, be able to walk and stand on concrete floor for the shift duration and able to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of USDA regulations, plant sanitation standards and procedures preferred. Mechanical knowledge preferred.
- The Team Member must be willing to complete all required training for the job.
- Perform any other work as assigned by supervisor or lead person.
- Comply with all safety, food safety, GMP and SQF Requirements.
- Must perform all positions of rotation, if applicable.
Candidates who have previously worked for Tyson will have a minimum rehire waiting period of 180 days and are limited to 3 times of employment.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
3RD SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.