Fishing Holdings, LLC
The General Maintenance role completes work order service requests in support of store operations. This position performs preventive maintenance and oversees service contractors’ delivery of routine maintenance (housekeeping, landscape maintenance, pest control, etc.). This role must possess broad skills in various building trades (I.E., plumbing, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, etc.) and broad mechanical aptitude. This position is responsible to support corporate facility maintenance, energy conservation, and waste management programs.
- Performs electrical repair; lamp changing, light fixture repair/installation, diagnostic capability.
- Performs plumbing repair: pump and fixture installations/replacements/repair, drain cleaning, diagnostic capability.
- Maintains basic understanding of commercial equipment operation and maintenance procedures regarding heating, ventilating, and air conditioning;
- Performs basic mechanical repair on tractors, forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, and other equipment as required.
- Repairs the building; painting, wall repair, minor carpentry, floor repair, etc.
- Performs periodic building operation “tune up” to ensure energy conservation and waste management efforts at the store level are consistent with overall corporate facility programs.
- Maintains all equipment necessary to perform work.
- Completes preventative and reparative maintenance to include electric maintenance, mechanics, hydraulics, carpentry and masonry, cleaning, repairing, and installing pieces, components, and equipment.
- Maintains primary emphasis is on performance of a variety of maintenance tasks, rather than a high degree of skill in any trade.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Minimum Degree Required: High School education or 1-2 year vocational training
- High mechanical ability
- Must also be willing to work with and oversee the work of others.
- Verifiable experience in maintenance related work fields.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Must be willing to work with and oversee the work of others
- Verifiable experience in maintenance related work fields
- Experience that demonstrates skill in various building trades listed above
- Good customer service attitude
- Polite, engaging, and courteous demeanor
- Constantly stand and/or walk during shift
- Constantly ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps, etc (climbing up to but not limited to 30 feet from the floor)
- Constantly moving, lifting and carrying objects up to 25 pounds
- Constantly communicate with others to exchange information
- Constantly repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Constantly operate machinery and/or power tools
- Occasionally move and lift objects up to 100 pounds or more
- Occasionally work in tight and confined spaces
- Occasionally operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Occasionally work in low or high temperatures
- Occasionally work in outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind.
- Occasionally work in noisy environments
- Occasionally work in hazardous conditions
- Occasionally work in small and/or enclosed spaces
- Must have no limitations due to lifting requirements
- Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather,
- Requires continuous use of gross motor skills, near/far vision, color definition, hearing, and speech.
- Requires eye/hand coordination, use of fine motor skills, works in difficult and confined spaces, pushes, pulls or utilizes manual and bi-manual dexterity.
- Performs tasks and duties under general supervision, using established procedures and innovation. Chooses from limited alternatives to resolve problems. Occasional independent judgment is required to complete work assignments. Often makes recommendations to work procedures, policies, and practices.
Part Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Bass Pro Cares Fund
- And more!
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit your nearest location or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.