Kubota Tractor Corp.
General Maintenance – 2nd Shift – Salina, KS
Great Plains Manufacturing is currently seeking a 2nd Shift General Maintenance Person at our new Construction Equipment facility in Salina.
This position works Monday through Thursday from 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., plus overtime on Fridays, as required. Some on-call availability for weekends and other hours outside those posted may be required as well.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair production equipment from basic hydraulic equipment to complex CNC machinery
- Repairing critical equipment, performing preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Complete projects such as mechanical and software upgrades.
- Maintain equipment logs on assigned equipment, recording pertinent information about downtime and maintenance problems. Documents all process changes
- Assist with scheduling downtime for machine repairs or preventive maintenance
- Provide leadership to ensure all safety and environmental procedures are maintained
- Provide Production Supervisors with relevant information on equipment and process performance, to include production and waste information
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial maintenance experience preferred
- Have a working knowledge of CNC lasers, torches, lathes, drill presses, brake presses, horizontal milling machines, forklifts and welders
- Experience with advanced CNC repair and troubleshooting
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and perform repairs
- Ability to perform electronic, mechanical and hydraulic repairs used in electrical (under 50v) and mechanical maintenance technician work assignments
- Excellent verbal/written communication. Computer skills preferred
- Team player that is a highly disciplined, problem-solver with a strong work ethic
- Provide tools for the trade
At Great Plains Manufacturing, our people make the difference, making our company a great place to work and grow. If you are self-motivated, have a passion to succeed and value teamwork, we invite you to apply to join our team. For over 45 years, Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc., has been known as a world-class manufacturer of farm and landscaping equipment in Central Kansas with over 2,100 dedicated employees. Now a Kubota company, Great Plains Manufacturing continues its dedication toward innovation and professional growth, while maintaining our family culture and community values. Grow with us! Visit our Careers page at www.WorkForGPM.com.