General Maintenance Tech I (Union – PH1)
American Red Cross
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
WHY CHOOSE US?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women’s Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
At the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (Job Overview): Performs repairs and maintenance in plant or office facilities, or on machines and equipment. Typically performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine, and equipment repair, electrical, sheet metal fabrication, and welding. Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment. Uses hand and power tools. Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment. Uses blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable
Federal, state, and local regulations. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
The Spring Garden Chapter is currently needed a Full-time General Maintenance Tech(Union). Must have a Valid Driver License.
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE FOR GOOD (Key Responsibilities):
· Maintain and repair organization's facilities and properties involving routine tasks and responsibilities.
· Install and correct minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and structural problems.
· Repairs appliances and equipment.
· Paint structures and equipment as needed.
· May move and store furniture and equipment.
· Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
· Operate and service boilers, chillers, motors, fans, pumps and related mechanical equipment.
· Estimate time and material costs of various projects. Requisition new supplies and equipment.
· May drive vehicle to other locations.
· Document installation and repairs as required by regulatory agencies.
· May plant and tend flowerbeds. Prune shrubs and trees to enhance growth and appearance.
· May water lawns, shrubs and flowerbeds.
· May spray trees, lawns, shrubs and flower beds with fertilizer and insecticides.
· May rake and remove fallen leaves.
· May sweep external walkways and staircases.
· May remove snow using power removal equipment or shovel. Apply snow-melting chemical, when necessary, on company roads, walkways and outside staircases.
· May keep drainage ditches and culverts free of obstructions
· Perform other related duties as necessary.
Standard Schedule: Mon-Fri 6am to 2:30pm or 7am to 3:30pm; On-call once every week. This position does require successful candidate to participate in the on-call rotation schedule with colleagues for up to 7 days at a time.
Pay Information: Between $19.00-$20.56/hourly (Union)
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (Minimum Qualifications):
· Education: High school diploma or equivalent
· Experience: Minimum 1 to 3 years required
· Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
· Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of RightsID:uDnQdo