General Manager- Production Control
Hino Motors Manufacturing
Hino Motors Manufacturing is an OEM that assembles trucks in West Virginia, automotive components in Arkansas, and operates a parts distribution center in California.
We are currently seeking an Production Control General Manager for our manufacturing plant in Marion, Arkansas. our Corporate Office in Novi, MI. The Production Control GM position is responsible for all material procurement, storage and delivery on site and at 3rd party locations, shipping and receiving. They are responsible for overall plant scheduling, forecasting and capacity planning. In addition, they are responsible for internal parts picking, setting and delivery to assembly department, in a timely manner to facilitate customer requirements.
Manage Production Control Activities
- Supervise the Production Control Staff in the preparation of the plant’s daily production schedules and functions relating to the daily operations
Manage Parts Planning / MRO Purchasing
- Responsible for the purchase of vehicle components (both domestic and overseas) in addition to procurement of MRO materials.
- Create, revise and manage to yearly budget in addition to providing data for long term budget analysis.
- Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing. Prepare concise well-organized reports. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
- Champion plant safety, quality, and environmental efforts throughout the facility
- Serve on the management review committee for ISO,
- Contributes to the Team Effort
- Contribute or lead cross functional teams to implement new or changing processes/products. Must be flexible in work assignments and cover for other Staff as needed.
- Utilize the concepts of TPS (Toyota Production System) to improve departmental work processes, research procedures, administrative procedures, etc.; and by recommending changes where appropriate.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System as it applies to their areas of responsibility
- Develop and lead team to achieve KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) to include but not limited to: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Daily/Monthly/Yearly Production targets, Expediting Charges, Inventory Accuracy,Cost Control/Budget Management, Cost Reduction
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build and lead teams and can relate to people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively manage several complex projects concurrently
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skillsets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong understanding of a manufacturing environment (purchasing, logistics, product development, production, quality control, etc.)
- Strong organizational and data management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in large group settings
- Strong understanding of manufacturing costs preferred
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines is essential in this fast-paced environment
- 12-14 years of Manufacturing experience with assignments in production planning, scheduling, and internal logistics required
- 4 years of management experience including supervision of professional staff is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Materials Management or Supply chain is required. MBA is a plus.
Hino Motors Manufacturing U.S.A., Inc. (HMMUSA) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HMMUSA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.