GENERAL OPERATOR II
Lisi Medical Jeropa, Inc.
The Screw Machinist will add value to the company by producing parts shipped all over the world. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, operating, trouble-shooting, and maintenance of screw machines. The ideal candidate shows strong attention to detail and works well in a team.
SHIFT 3: Thurs.-Sunday from 4:30am-3pm
What You’ll Do:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient with the sets-up, operation and maintains up to three (3) or more screw machines according to detail blueprints, specifications, work orders and instructions. Selects and obtains proper material and tooling for the job. Checks tooling and reworks as needed to manufacture part to print specification.
- Maintains correct dimensions of parts while running the job using measuring instruments such as micrometers, comparators, calipers, and gauges, inspects completed parts to ensure they meet blueprints/specifications.
- Assists and trains less qualified machine operators as needed.
- Recognizes improper machine functioning and makes necessary adjustments to spindle chains, clutches and cross slides as needed.
- Troubleshoot Screw machines; perform minor repairs and determines correction action to be taken for improved quality and tooling life.
- As necessary, writes work orders on machines requiring maintenance.
- Performs preventative maintenance as outlined the preventative maintenance form.
- Represents Factory/Department manufacturing on cross-functional teams or in-house committees.
- Conduct assist with peer development training per established departmental requirements as needed.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Reports any discrepancies to supervisor.
- Proceeds with completion of job, observing machine frequently to verify correct operation and ensure that the hopper is properly loaded.
- Demonstrated advanced technical knowledge and experience in reading and interpreting blueprints and use shop and measuring tools.
- Demonstrated ability to perform Statistical Process Control (SPC) checks per specification, Master cam (CAM software) and acts in accordance with output and demonstrates knowledge and use of Shop Floor Systems.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Verifies proper placement of all safety guards and adheres to all safety procedures.
- Works under limited supervision with a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve our HSE performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, and reporting our results.
- Implements and suggests waste elimination initiatives specifically related to the function and department such as recycling opportunities to elimination of production and waste
- Performs a variety of other tasks and duties.
What You Bring to the Table:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Advance knowledge of Screw machinery and procedures
- Advance technical knowledge with quality and SPC.
- A minimum of over 5 year’s equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
- Tsugami experience preferred.
Essential functions of this job require the following minimal physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision
Disclaimer: The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to decide the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Job incumbents are expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the position, department, or the business. Possible accommodations made be available upon request.
LISI Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief or sexual orientation.