Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Job Description: General Utilities - First Shift A Alternating Weekend Columbus HiRise
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The Distribution Center Utility is responsible for having a thorough working knowledge of all Distribution Center job functions. The Utility Operator should have a working knowledge of all applicable departmental equipment and systems used to support the business. Some examples of the equipment and systems include but are not limited to the following: Operation of Power Industrial Equipment (Stand-up deep reach forklift, counterbalance forklift, stand-up forklift, switcher truck), the Warehouse Management System (Cambar) including radio frequency usage and workstation usage, BlueJay, Peco Pallet Tracking System, SAP system, Security gates and cameras, stretch wrappers, ticket applicators, pallet invertor, and any other systems or equipment needed to meet the demands of the business . The Utility is responsible for line support, receiving, loading, unloading, creating bills of lading (BOL’s), performing full functionality in the Shipping Office, operating the palletizer equipment, operating the shuttle wagon/switcher, and maintaining compliance to all applicable GMP, safety, and quality guidelines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
•Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
•Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
•Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
•Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
•Vacation – 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
•Company Paid Pension Plan
•401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
•The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
- Creates very accurate & legible documentation, performs data entry accurately, maintains all applicable systems with needed information, and safely and efficiently process inbound pallets through the proper unloading process, including ensuring inventory is accurate when receiving product in to the WMS system (i.e. verifies the SKU, quantity, and lot number at each touch point)
Loading, Unloading, Case picking, Labelling, High-Stacking, and Palletizer Operations:
- Performs all tasks safely, assures accurate documentation and inventory accuracy at all touch points (i.e. verifies the SKU, quantity, and lot number at each touch point), follows all process procedures / guidelines, assures trailers are loaded to meet weight requirements, and performs all tasks in a safe and efficient manner to meet the needs of the business. This includes safely operating the palletizer equipment and shuttle wagon/switcher to meet business needs.
Shipping/Receiving Office Functions:
- Assure all documentation is accurate, address people in a professional manner, assure all systems are accurately maintained with timely entries, assure BOL's are signed/dated by Common Carrier Driver and the Clerk during the shift.
- Stores, picks or assembles finished goods in the warehouse, verifying the commodity number, quantity, release status, and lot number. Checks materials against packaging lists, invoices, freight bills or other pertinent documentation to assure conformity and accuracy.
- Cleans up finished goods warehouse areas to GMP standards and supports the master sanitation program of the department
- Supports the Departments Continuous Improvement Program, including root cause analysis
- All other tasks as assigned by management to meet the needs of the business.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Prior job experience within warehousing operations (at least 6 months preferable). Experience with tools and equipment related to the position is desired (hand tools, wearing of full body harness, sit-down forklift, stand up pick vehicle, computer knowledge/skills). This position requires excellent written/verbal communication skills, very good interpersonal skills, analytical troubleshooting skills, ability to multitask, and being a very good team player.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- The individual must be self-motivated and possess the ability to perform with minimum supervision. Requires in-depth knowledge of all receiving/warehouse operations, procedures, and requirements which usually are obtained through on-the-job training. Work sequence priorities may change with little notice.
- Must be able to professionally deal with people under high pressure and in a constantly changing environment.
Accountability / Scope:
- Accountable for personal safety and adhering to all applicable safety guidelines. Must communicate safety and GMP concerns to Altavista Distribution Center leadership & follow up to assure the concerns are addressed.
- Accountable for performing tasks that need completed in a timely manner or need expedited. Must check e-mail at the start of each shift when possible to assure all directives are addressed. Must communicate to all shifts as to status of the business.
- Ability to make decisions based on awareness of the area operations is necessary. Must be able to lift and maneuver objects of considerable weight (50 lbs).
- This position is accountable for complying with all applicable FDA (GMP), USDA, OSHA and Abbott Nutritional Supply Chain regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Travel as required, approximately 3%, including customer and carrier visits.
Position Hours: Position Alternates Weekend Support
Saturday 12hr shift beginning at 5AM
Sunday 12hr shift beginning at 5AM
Monday 8 hr shift beginning at 7AM
Tuesday 8 hr shift beginning at 7AM
Monday 10hr shift beginning at 5AM
Tuesday 10hr shift beginning at 5AM
Wednesday 10hr shift beginning at 5AM
Thursday 10hr shift beginning at 5AM
The base pay for this position is$18.07 – $36.13/hour
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > Columbus : High Rise Warehouse
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdfEEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf ID:uDnQdo