Generative AI Medical Content Lead
New York City, NY
The Generative AI Medical Content Lead will drive AI-based personalization of content and lead application of AI across medical affairs initiatives. This role works closely across Global Medical Categories, Pfizer Digital, and other cross functional stakeholders to transform content creation with speed and efficiency across Pfizer’s therapeutic areas: Oncology, Primary Care, Specialty Care, and Vaccines.
- Drive AI-assisted content development activities using prompt engineering and multimodal AI in partnership with their assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Bridge unmet needs and opportunities of medical affairs content with technical aspects of AI to develop innovative content and solutions.
- Collaborate iteratively and rapidly within an evolving ecosystem of AI teams including colleagues from Global Medical Affairs Category Teams, Digital, Evidence Generation, GAV, and R&D.
- Incorporate trends in Medical Affairs content generation as well as AI-based technologies including the use of prompts, APIs, data visualizations, plug-ins, and multimodal AI.
- Optimize omnichannel content personalization by leveraging key analytics and metrics relevant to AI-based content generation to ensure efficiency, speed, and accuracy
- Explore and implement emerging applications with AI including insight generation, AI-based gap analyses, interactive data visualization, and QA model development.
- Stay abreast of the external trends and technologies in AI for Medical and continuously seek to innovate, ensuring Pfizer leads in a rapidly evolving space.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- PhD and Minimum 6+ years pharmaceutical industry with 2+ years’ experience in Medical Affairs/Scientific Publications/Medical Communications Agency as a content creator; MS and minimum 8+ years
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with AI-based technologies
- Represent a function within a matrix organization through a strong track record of excellent presentation, customer facing, and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in communicating complex AI concepts and information to cross-functional teams and senior business executives.
- Direct external vendors and manage budgets, timelines, and quality of deliverables.
- Grasp scientific context and assimilate perspectives from stakeholders across Medical, Digital and those with AI expertise.
- Strong track record of written and oral communication skills to develop and present scientific information to varied audiences and articulate messages succinctly.
- Understand detailed technical information and convey complex ideas to a variety of audience types and cultures.
- Quickly build rapport and credibility with key internal and key external stakeholders through strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to track numerous tasks for multiple simultaneous projects in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Relevant therapeutic area expertise (primary care, specialty care, vaccines, oncology)
- Experience in global medical communications and understanding of applicable regional legal and regulatory hurdles.
- Experience with omnichannel, including diverse content development – such as publications, plain language summaries, Congress materials, publication extenders, podcasts, and short-form articles for platforms like Doximity and Medscape
- Experience with scientific peer-reviewed publications
- Experience with interactive data visualization and programs for data visualization development
- Basic programming skills for use of API with AI systems
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Travel requirement is 15%-20%
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: February 15th, 2024
Additional Location Information: New York, NY; Collegeville, PA; Cambridge, MA; Groton, CT; La Jolla, CA; Lake Forest, IL; Boulder, CO; Global - Any Pfizer site
Eligible for Relocation Package: No
#LI-PFEThe annual base salary for this position ranges from $161,600.00 to $269,400.00. In addition, this position is eligible for participation in Pfizer’s Global Performance Plan with a bonus target of 20.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life’s moments. Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage. Learn more at Pfizer Candidate Site – U.S. Benefits | (uscandidates.mypfizerbenefits.com). Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided does not apply to Tampa, FL or any location outside of the United States.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.