Geoscience Intern – ASOW
EDF Renewable Energy, Inc.
Scope of Position
The various tasks performed by Atlantic Shores’ Geoscience group demand detail-oriented individuals with multi-faceted skills, particularly in-depth technical knowledge, flexibility, enthusiasm for individual and team tasks, and analytical problem-solving capabilities.
As a Geoscience Intern, you will work in a multi-disciplinary team and provide expertise in the areas of marine sciences with potential focus on geotechnical engineering, geophysical surveying, oceanographic surveying, marine archaeology or environmental services, depending on the intern's background and interest.
Atlantic Shores Offshore Wind (Atlantic Shores) is a 50:50 partnership between Shell New Energies US LLC and EDF Renewables North America. The joint venture is comprised of more than 110 experts dedicated to delivering its 5+ GW portfolio and is strategically positioned to meet the growing demands of its markets in New York and New Jersey.
More information on Atlantic Shores, please visit our website at atlanticshoreswind.com.
This position will allow you to perform assignments that will develop professional working knowledge and abilities through the application of geoscience techniques for data acquisition, interpretation and engineering design. You will exercise limited, but increasing, judgment in performing your assigned duties using methods prescribed by your supervisor.
Typical Activities of the Geoscience Team:
- Provide field operations quality assurance support
- Develop analytical calculations and data tools
- Perform interpretation reviews
- Draft data workflow presentations
- Participate in vessel visits and meetings with project personnel and clients
- Currently enrolled in a four-year program within the study of Geosciences at an accredited college or university
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies in the above field
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestic project jobsites
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the US without visa sponsorship, now or in the future
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Ability to learn quickly
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication, presentation skills; ability to adapt message, tone, style, and format for diverse internal and external audiences
- Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work well with others and be a collaborative and cooperative team player
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context and a fast-paced JV environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with minimum supervision
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
- Interested in energy transition