Glazier & Architectural Wall Installer
Des Moines, IA
At Storey Kenworthy| Workspace, we provide solutions for all your office needs! At SK| Workspace you can impact the way people work. We believe in Empowering and Inspiring People to Live and Work Better. Whether it’s designing, selling, or installing a workspace, or providing tools and resources for our customers to do their job, the work you do makes a difference in people’s lives. We get it. Work can feel just like work sometimes. But we also know that it is so much easier to look forward to work when there is a reason behind it all. Our organization cares about our employees wellbeing and we inspire our workforce to succeed within our four walls and outside our four walls. And to us, that is a pretty cool reason to do what we do every day.
At Workspace, we focus our creative talents on today’s office designs, healthcare environments and education learning spaces. We represent best in class manufacturers in design, quality, and reliability. Each represents unique solutions, aesthetics, and price points for your unique space project.
Were you the kid that always helped carry the groceries inside, the go-to handyman in the family, or even the person that exceeded using all the parts while doing DIY furniture projects? If you answered yes, you might be a great addition to our Installation team. You will be the tools and muscle of the company. This is a vital role within our company where every day is an adventure and you have a huge impact on the way people work and our growing company
The Installer is responsible for installing glass, architectural wall systems and furniture at customer locations by loading/unloading trucks, placing, and installing product per floor plan specifications. The Installer works efficiently and accurately to ensure the job is completed on time and the project is successful.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Pulls products from internal warehouse or unloads product at customer location in cases where manufacturer delivery direct to project site.
- Loads and unloads trucks using appropriate equipment or by hand at dock and street levels; safely carries product up and down stairs where elevators are not available.
- Offloads products, identifies product lines, and stages product for installation; clears away debris.
- Assembles, aligns, levels, and cleans glass, wall systems and furniture; installs electrical components when necessary and checks to ensure components are operational; maintains ability to install and adjust case goods and seating products; disassembles, moves, and reassembles products.
- Reviews floor plans with Lead Installer prior to and during installations to understand, recognize, and measure critical dimensions.
- Follows the proper use, maintenance needs, and safety requirements of hand, power and mechanical tools.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the job site during and after the installation.
- Disassembles, removes and disposes of old furniture as needed.
- Attends team meetings.
- Arrives to work on time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasionally volunteers to work OT hours when projects require it.