Global Account Manager (Communications & Security Solutions)
As a Global Account Manager, you will maintain executive level client relationships at key large multinational organizations and provide consultative selling to support strategic long-term objectives, new business development and profitability of the organization. You will align Wesco’s vast resources to support our clients’ needs on a global scale to maximize our growth opportunity and expand product sets internationally. You will drive profitability through strategic account management and new business development and manage accounts, programs and/or projects of significant scope and complexity. You will develop, implement, and execute supply chain solutions across multiple sites, regions, and theatres. You will resolve complex issues and propose strategic solutions (i.e. sustainability model, Smart Building Technology, IOT, supply chain – forward provisioning, supply chain interruptions).
- Ensures achievement of global sales revenue targets.
- Ability to cultivate executive level relationships across countries (internally and externally).
- Ability to negotiate contracts, master supply agreements, master contractual agreements. Good understanding of legal contract terms. Must be able to understand the risk landscape and financial impacts of these contracts. Need to understand both local impact of contracts, as well as global implications.
- Ability to identify opportunities, assemble pursuit plan, facilitate contract negotiation, and assemble execution team to meet expected program/project financial performance.
- Ability to develop and execute strategies to attract, grow, and maintain global customer relationships, including executive relationships, customer mapping, and reference selling.
- Accountable to senior management globally to lead the development and execution of the Strategic Account Plans
- Provide tactical and strategic leadership in opportunity identification & issue resolution occurring within assigned account and/or business unit.
- Pursues new agreements, Value-Add/Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) commitments and increasing customer wallet-share.
- Maintains and manages a pipeline of opportunities at named accounts, including Renewals, Projects, and share improvement opportunities.
- Engages strategic supplier senior sales and senior management resources to enlist support and create solutions that adhere to corporate supplier strategy implications.
- Strong capability to identify opportunity for related services offered by company, facilitate introductions, and engage in multi-person sales cycle while retaining customer control
- Cross collaboration across the entire Wesco organization, identify strategic solutions that “own the building”.
- Communicates Customer Activity, Opportunity Status, Renewal Status, and Strategic Project progress to executive team.
- Expert in strategic selling and takes the lead in high level sales engagements.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends internal and external innovative solutions new to the marketplace
- High School Degree or Equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Sales, Business Administration, Engineering, or relevant field preferred.
- 5+ years - proven sales experience in outside sales or global account management.
- History of success maintaining and developing key relationships.
- Ability to strategically manage large projects.
- Ability to understand where potential exists in assigned accounts and can recognize and create opportunities.
- Understanding of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships.
- Ability to network and navigate the political landscape of large complex customers, with a focus on reaching the decision-maker regardless of title.
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with CRM software and Microsoft Office.
- A confident and relentless approach that can withstand significant internal & external pressure.
- Understands how to navigate across cultures.
- 5 years - Experience selling at an executive level as a key account manager/management of large account portfolios.
- 5 years - Experience in executing in a matrix organization managing multiple stakeholders and projects.
- Ability to travel 25% - 50%.
The expected salary range for this role is $82,800 - $124,200. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s compensation level within the range will be based on several factors, including but not limited to geographic location, experience, relevant education, qualifications, skills, organizational needs, and performance. This position may be eligible to participate in the company’s incentive plan. Wesco provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, disability insurance, 401k Plan, and Paid Time Off.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Wesco"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.