Global Commodity Manager- Electricals and Electronics
Golden Valley, MN
At Pentair, you will work along-side passionate problem-solvers who are committed to the future of our planet. We put our purpose into practice, inspiring people to move, improve and enjoy life’s essential resources for happier, healthier lives. From our residential and business water solutions to our sustainable innovations and applications, our 11,250 global employees serve customers in more than 150 countries, working to help improve lives and the environment around the world.
As a Pentair employee, you would enjoy a wide array of benefit options to help keep you and your family healthy and protected, a generous 401(k) and ESPP to help you save for retirement, plus paid time off and wellness programs to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
We have an opportunity for a Global Commodity Manager to join our Golden Valley, MN team. As the Electrical and Electronic (E&E) Global Commodity Manager will lead a group of commodity managers/commodity leaders and report to the Sr. Director of Global Souring. As the leader of this team, you will be responsible for developing and managing a strong partnership with our business unit and their teams to proactively plan the management of their existing supply base, including developing and executing strategies to support our corporate and organizational goals.
- Lead a team of sourcing commodity managers/leaders to create and maintain sub-commodity strategies based on technology needs and market conditions. Lead Sourcing Category Managers in the development of key strategic supplier relationships to leverage supplier technology capabilities to advance technology in Pentair’s new products.
- Partner with all business segments to resolve unique challenges and provide subject matter expertise in strategic sourcing and category management to achieve goals and improve performance.
- Support new product development projects in component selection, supplier engagement, procurement, and disposition of development components, provide input into end-of-life component management based on risk and customer requirements.
- Proactively give strategic guidance to the business based on a deep understanding of business needs and analyses of data and trends.
- Develop and lead a high performing team that can drive create and execute long and short-term initiatives in support of the company objective.
- Travel up to 40% of the time to Pentair sites and suppliers
- Have earned bachelor’s degree in business or engineering related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Have 8+ years sourcing experience with considerable understanding of procurement concepts, principles and at least 5+ years of E&E commodity management and Strategic Sourcing experience.
- Have Electrical and Electronics Commodity direct experience and developing & executing Electronics strategy and category leadership role (e.g., responsible for multiple businesses within a company, spend over $100M).
- Have deep understanding of Electronic manufacturing services (EMS), Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) industry and Commodities including: all Electronics components (IC’s , Diodes, Resistors, Capacitors, LEDS, Inductors ) Terminal Blocks ( + Label / cutting) Relays and Transformers.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement ethos; ability to identify areas of opportunity and positively influence business decisions.
- Have proven ability in creating and leading a high performing team
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory