Global Compliance Manager, ABAC Governance and Controls
Who we are
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Who we’re looking for
Toyota’s Global Office of the Deputy Chief Risk and Compliance Officer is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Global Compliance Manager, Governance and Controls.
The primary responsibility of this role is to refine and drive the vision, mission, and direction for a global Anti-bribery and Anti-corruption (“ABAC”) risk assessment and governance strategy with the goal of ensuring consistency and accountability with global, regional, country and entity-level visibility.
Reporting to the Global Compliance Senior Director, Controls Effectiveness, the person in this role will support the Global Office of the Deputy Chief Risk & Compliance Officer’s objective to lead and manage a global ABAC compliance risk management program coordinating with Risk Management and Compliance partners and business leaders to design and deliver risk assessment and governance frameworks and tools to support strategic business decisions at all levels of leadership, from risk owners to Toyota’s global executive management.
NOTE: While located in Plano, TX, this position is a global role reporting to Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan.
What you’ll be doing
- Play a key role in establishing a global ABAC compliance risk management program by communicating an ABAC risk assessment framework, developing global control standards, and effective monitoring and risk response mechanisms.
- Drive adoption of our global ABAC compliance risk management program by individual global subsidiaries based on risk-assessed prioritization and feedback gathered from business leaders at the subsidiary level. Effectively communicate objectives and purpose of our program to build support, and act as partner and adviser to support global subsidiaries.
- Support ownership and operation of robust ABAC compliance program by global subsidiaries through recurring risk assessment, evaluation of control effectiveness, and utilization of data tools to inform risk management actions.
- Monitor progress of remediation and enhancement actions resulting from ABAC compliance risk assessments, monitoring and audit activities, as well as investigations. Advise subsidiaries on potential solutions to mitigate identified ABAC risks.
- Collaborate with compliance resources at all levels, executive to line management, across the Toyota global subsidiaries in driving ABAC compliance program execution. Serve as a champion of the global ABAC compliance program, ensuring transparency and alignment across Toyota’s global operations.
- Establish global governance and data quality management practices to effectively leverage data, metrics, and analytics to continuously improve how we use data to assess ABAC risk.
- Manage a team of external project resources to implement a comprehensive ABAC compliance risk management program that is integrated into business activities at the global and local levels.
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree in relevant fields required.
- Combined experience in audit, law, or comparable compliance experience.
- Working knowledge of financial systems and controls.
- Outstanding judgment and discretion while handling confidential information and maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to present detailed information to key stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Added bonus if you have
- Understanding of and/or exposure to Toyota's global operations, including regional operations and TMC.
- Working knowledge of global anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws and regulations, such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Experience in investigating allegations of bribery and corruption.
- Japanese language fluency.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-native English speakers and an executive global audience.
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect.
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable).
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools, and more.
- Tax-Advantaged Accounts (Health Savings Account, Health Care FSA, Dependent Care FSA).
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.ID:uDnQdo