Global SVP of Sales
The Global SVP of Sales role is a global position working in support of existing Sales channels with different regions, responsible for both direct and indirect sales of the Fibercore range of specialty optical fibers within all territories.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Achieving the yearly sales plan.
- In conjunction with other senior managers, develop the yearly sales plan.
- Develop pricing strategy, maintaining the price list to reflect both market and strategic positioning.
- Develop, review and report on the business development strategy, ensuring strategic objectives are well understood and executed by the team.
- Develop the sales team to ensure a deep understanding of sales process, products and applications.
- Develop the commission plans for the sales team and work with Finance to administer the plans.
- Ensure the Sales team identify unmet market needs, communication of NPD requirements both internally and to prospective customers
- Working with marketing and account managers to generate new leads and customers through all modes of lead generation.
- Develop a learning culture in sales process by encouraging experimentation, and adapting the team approach coherently.
- Where appropriate, take the lead sales position for strategic accounts.
- Through working with internal stakeholders, ensure that customer issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with influential members of the fiber optic industry.
- Any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the position.
Work travel: 20 - 40%
Bachelors’ Degree in a technical discipline (ideally Engineering or Physics), Masters’ or higher in relevant discipline advantageous.
A minimum of three years of sales experience with 5-10 years of relevant industrial experience.
Proven capability of managing a globally dispersed team.
Experience of successfully supporting customers in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
An understanding of customer fiber applications and the fiber fabrication process.
Knowledge of markets in which our customers operate, capable of evaluating market intelligence from multiple sources.
Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Able to close orders.
Customer-focused ethos both internally and externally.
Deep understanding of the sales process.
Demonstrable experience in defining and executing a sales plan commensurate with Fibercore scale.
Significant and demonstrable experience in building and layering customer relationships.
Able to influence and communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation, building collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
Significant and demonstrable experience in negotiation and pricing strategy.
Demonstrable experience of channel management including ability to improve channel outcomes.
Strong technical and analytical ability to support sales strategies.
Able to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgement.
Able to build trust, influence and lead.
Able to adapt to changing priorities and refocus.
Motivated to make a difference and able to motivate others to do the same.
Ability and interest in coaching the Sales team.
Excellent problem-solving and solution-oriented skills.