McConway & Torley, LLC
With locations in Pittsburgh PA and Kutztown PA, McConway and Torley, LLC has been in continuous operations since 1869, the same year the first US transcontinental railroad was completed. McConway has been able to meet the needs of our customers with a steady, dependable and economical supply of high-quality coupler products. As the original designers of the first standard automatic coupler, continued innovation and craftsmanship have led to a product line that includes every ARR approved coupler as well as custom coupler solutions, which are all proudly cast in the US.
McConway & Torley is looking for Finishing Operators, also known as Grinder. As an Grinder, you will work with a great group of people who really care about the job you do.
Location: Kutztown, PA
What you’ll do:
- Positions castings on work bench using hoist
- Visually inspects castings and notes what work needs done
- Positions and manually guides grinder or chipping hammer along specified guidelines on edge or surface of casting
- Uses production gauges to verify specifications of castings are to standard
- Verify number and type of casting to be prepared for shipment
- Performs general housekeeping /clean up in work area
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- Ability to operate jib crane, grinder, air hammer and gauge
- Knowledgeable of required specifications on castings
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
- Ability to function as a team member, establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Experience in similar or related job
- Work environment includes plant, warehouse, production and non-production areas and plant grounds.
- This position may require work/maintenance coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays
- Ability to tolerate both high and low temperatures, loud noises typical of a manufacturing plant
- Be aware of and observe all safety practices. Including but not limited to- Safety glasses, safety boots, hearing protection, etc… as required
- Know and follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Participate in safety committees and initiatives as assigned.
As an important member of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Activating the potential of our people,
- Caring for our customers,
- Optimizing operations and
- Integrating sustainability into our daily practices as well as our long-term strategy and promote a results-driven culture that is aligned with long term value creation.
Safety Sensitive: Yes
- Health & Pharmacy
- Dental & Vision
- Critical Illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) W/Company Match
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
*** $1,000 Sign On Bonus
Up to 80 hours PTO after 90 days ***ID:uDnQdo