Group Leader (LTFF)
Club Car boasts a 60+ year history of industry-leading innovation and design, initially focused on golf cars and then expanding to commercial utility vehicles and personal-use transportation.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Group Leader is an extension to management and responsible for leading and distributing tasks while providing support to the Supervisor and Team Leaders. PRIMARY DUTIES
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include:• Support the mission of the Operations team.
• Help drive the Operations team to create and follow Standard Work that enables 100% takt attainment, while maintaining a safe environment and a zero-defect product.
• Work directly with Team Leaders to provide them with the necessary tools to create a model cell and run that cell like their own small business (quality, safety, production, standard work, leadership, problem solving, communications, scheduling, housekeeping, etc.).
• Foster an environment where employees are treated with respect and dignity, there’s an emphasis on communication and business goals, and accomplishments and activities in support of operating objectives are actively clarified.
• Evaluate and improve the skills and performance of production team members and Team Leaders.
• Promotes and supports the company’s efforts in associate involvement concepts, and "open door" communications through the development and or implementation of various team communication programs.
• Promotes commitment to quality and continuous improvement through attitude, behavior, communication, and development and implementation of standard work and associated programs and activities.
• Communicates/updates shift management of daily problems and concerns, identifying areas needing attention to ensure the continuity of the operation.
• Create an environment that promotes career development by motivating team members to share their career goals and assisting them with forming a plan to meet those goals.
• Promote lean cultural transformation, 5S program, usage of value stream tools and visual factory.
• Encourage employees to work safely and to their highest ability by acknowledging their efforts and rewarding them accordingly.
• Work with Team Leaders to build a sense of community within teams by promoting a team environment, actively listening to employees needs and providing coaching where necessary.
• Integrate processes, teams, people, and resources to achieve daily and long-term operating objectives for shop operations in safety, quality, customer delivery, costs and people development.
• Consistently apply Club Car policies and procedures.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains safe and productive work environment by assuring the work area is clear of tools, brooms, debris, and other items that may present a hazard.
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
• Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
• High School Diploma/Equivalent required.
• College Degree preferred.
• A minimum of one year of Club Car Team Leader experience or three years of leadership experience.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Safety management mindset.
• Problem solving.
• Requires occasional lifting of objects of objects 25 to 50 pounds.
• Work requires periodic stooping/bending and frequent walking/standing.
• Work involves activities that require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, machines, or vehicles.
Club Car is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated at Club Car.