Group Mgr NPD Engineering
GROUP MANAGER OF ENGINEERING, POWER TOOLS
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success – so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we’re pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you’ll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you’ll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We’re just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Group Manager of Engineering manages, supports, and provides leadership direction to project leaders and design engineers. Responsible for engineering activities including new product development, product life cycle support, and technology integration. Collaborates with business unit leadership in product, manufacturing, and commercial strategies.
Must possess strong technical engineering knowledge. Requires strong leadership skills, functional management as well as experience managing complex projects to meet project targets. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and interface closely with Quality, Finance, Marketing, Supply Planning, Purchasing and Manufacturing.
You’ll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Provide engineering leadership and direct new product development activities within the department.
- Ensure all projects are complete on time, at cost, and within budget.
- Develop resource plans.
- Ability to proactively manage risk.
- Regularly present engineered project status, schedule updates, and financial updates to stakeholders.
- Manage large capital projects.
- Manage cross functional relationships across the business to support standardization and development
- Recruit, develop and coach engineering team members and project leaders.
- Develop and improve business and department processes.
What TOOLS you’ll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering. Graduate studies preferred in the business areas such as Project Management, Finance, Marketing, or Organizational studies. Formal project management training preferred.
- 6+ years of leadership managing engineering departments and new product development teams.
- Technical cross functional management.
- Financial acumen including manufacturing cost drivers associated with materials, labor & overhead.
- Talent development.
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience in related field.
- Experience successfully managing low-moderate complexity projects and/or subsystems of larger projects.
- Electrical Project Experience is preferred.
- Must possess a high level of Mechanical/Electrical engineering aptitude.
- Must have a working design knowledge of a wide variety of the technologies associated with Milwaukee products.
- Ability to draft comprehensive test plans and specifications.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.
- Must be a self-starter, hands-on and able to work in fast paced environment.
- Must possess great communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service. · And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.