Gun Vault Specialist
Fishing Holdings, LLC
The Gun Vault Specialist is responsible for backroom maintenance of all processes pertaining to Firearms. This role has the ability to safely handle firearms and adhere to all company, state, and federal firearms regulations. This position will be responsible for acquiring and disposing firearms and the integrity of the ATF required ARMS, and maintaining a complete, thorough and accurate firearms inventory in accordance with all company, local, state, and federal firearm regulation/policy. This position provides counter Sales and Customer Service for Firearms along with Floor and Counter Sales of other Hunting Merchandise. They perform various selling/customer service activities, to include greeting and acknowledging all customers in a prompt and friendly manner, handling merchandise with care, providing information, assistance and direction to customers.
- Physically and systematically receives/acquires incoming firearms and using ARMS systems by close of business each day. Verifies gun accuracy to /from steel of gun to box, to receiving documents and manifests.
- Disposes firearms shipped/transferred to licensed dealers, or stores, and for verifying disposition data fed from the Electronic 4473 to ARMS by close of business each day.
- Conducts monthly firearms Audit.
- Ensures proper completion of ATF required forms, applicable state forms necessary for background checks, certifying and screening all potential firearm transfers for legality of the sale, complying with waiting periods or other possible state requirements, and preventing possible straw purchases.
- Participates in ongoing training including, but not limited to firearms and shooting product information, diverse shooting discipline awareness, systems training, compliance related training, and selling skills/techniques.
- Ensures all firearms are acquired and disposed safely utilizing company protocols, proper and error free completion of all company forms properly storing/locating, cleaning and preparation of firearms for retail sale, working replenishment of firearms to the sales floor, properly packaging and shipping firearms in accordance with federal/state laws and company policy, safely checking/clearing firearms received by customers or via shipment, as well as mounting accessories/optics to firearms.
- Keeps work area clean, neat and well stocked with supplies.
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers. Providing a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
- Identifying and evaluating customers’ needs,
- Making product recommendations based off of this analysis,
- Promoting programs including, but not limited to CLUB membership, VOC and IN Store Pick up.
- Demonstrates product to customers.
- Organizes and maintains firearms within the retail Store for Sales at Gun Counter, Fine Gun Room/Gun Library, and Gun Vault.
- Assures visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include but not limited to, restocking, remerchandising, cleaning fixtures. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness standards within the department and back room including attention to proper facing of firearms tags and performing opening and closing duties.
- Sets and maintains all ads related to firearms.
- Remains knowledgeable of advertised sales; maintain pricing and signing.
- Replenishes product on shelves as required per merchandising guidelines.
- Assists with Seasonal Floor merchandise moves.
- Responds to all ATF, or State Firearm Trace Request promptly.
- Assists with training of store outfitters as requested by the GM or Ops Support Reg. Mgr.
- Remains product “expert” through ongoing product knowledge training.
- Follows all company policies and procedures and all other duties as assigned.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
- Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: 2 to 4 years of experience in Retail
- Age Required: Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to legally own and possess Firearms under Federal and State Law.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Ability to understand, recall, and follow complex compliance regulations and to work with highly confidential information
- Customer Service and Sales of Firearms and Other Hunting Merchandise
- 4473 & State Paperwork Completion
- ARMS, Acquisitions, and Dispositions of Firearms
- Knowledge in Firearms, and Ammunition
- Knowledge of Firearms and Ammunition ATF and STATE Regulations.
- Knowledge and experience in Inventory Control
- Safely Handle Firearms
- Understanding of Retail and Computer Knowledge
- Ability to Handle and stock Merchandise
- Regularly walks, stands, lifts up to 50lbs, and/or performs computer work
- Seldom/never sits
- Performs duties within scope of general company policies, procedures, and objectives. Analyzes problems and performs needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices.
Part Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Bass Pro Cares Fund
- And more!
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit your nearest location or contact us at email@example.com.