Harvest Worker – 1st Shift
- This position will report to the: Assistant Harvest Manager
- Travel Requirement: Ability to work 75% of time in non-local areas and 25% in local areas
- Location: Varies
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Shift: 1st Shift - Days and Hours for this position will vary
- Employment Category: Full Time - Regular
- Pay Range: $16.50 - $18.50
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is recognized as a leader in growing, manufacturing, and distributing high quality, nutrient dense branded products. Employing more than 2,200 people and headquartered in Bakersfield, California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, Bolthouse Farms is one of the largest carrot growers and distributors in the U.S. and manufactures the No. 1 premium refrigerated branded beverage in U.S. retail. Bolthouse Farms is made up of farm and food fanatics who work every day to serve Our Land, Our People, and All People. In 2022 Bolthouse Farms acquired 2022 is Evolution Fresh the #1 juice brand in Natural Channel and the fastest growing cold press juice in US Food. Visit www.bolthouse.com or www.evolutionfresh.com to learn more.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
The Harvest Worker will be responsible to assist the Harvester Operator with various harvesting and maintenance tasks to facilitate continuous flow of raw products through the implements and other farm related equipment in the harvesting process in a timely manner.
- Clean harvest equipment of all loose plants, vegetables, soil, stems, and roots
- Assist with the set-up of the diesel-powered Harvester and attach farm implements to Harvesters using bolts and hand tools
- Load and unload crops or containers of materials, manually or using conveyors, hand-truck or transfer auger
- Load hoppers, containers, or conveyors to feed machines with products using transfer augers, suction gates, shovels, or pitchforks
- Assist with the loading/unloading equipment and machinery such as tractors, harvesters, implements and other farms related items
- Conduct light maintenance of carrot harvester
- Maintain and clean other harvesting equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work 75% of time in non-local areas and 25% in local areas
- Valid California Driver License and clean driving record
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Traveling in carpool vans with other crew members
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Must be able to work as a team and follow instructions
- Ability to follow safety procedures
- Six months to one-year previous experience as a farm worker preferred
- Must be able to carry/lift up to 50 pounds
- Environmental exposure- seasonal outdoor temperatures
- Material exposure- machine truck vibrations and moving mechanical parts
Hours & Workdays:
- 1st Shift (6:00AM - 5:00PM); Days and hours for this position will vary and be based on the AG Wage Order which is subject to 8.5 hours a day and up to 45 hours per week.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcqu[email protected] for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
1st Shift - (6:00AM-5:00PM) the days and hours for this position will vary and be based on the AG Wage Order which is subject to 8 hours a day and up to 45 hours per week. ID:uDnQdo