Wayne Farms, LLC
Albertville Hatchery, AL
Primarily responsible for performing basic lower skilled mechanic tasks on poultry processing equipment to specifications. Performs work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment such as adjusting belts, replacing belts, changing oils in pumps, changing parts or helping maintenance tech with work orders, etc.
- Perform cleanup and housekeeping tasks for work area, tools, equipment
- Report unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Line leader or Supervisor
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Mechanical aptitude; knowledge and experience working on poultry processing equipment preferred
- Experience in driving a forklift and /or pallet jack or ability to learn and be certified
- Ability to communicate (both speak and write) and comprehend English
- Must be able to work unsupervised to complete all tasks self-motivate
- Follow all departmental and company safety policies and programs
- Wear required protective equipment in all areas where mandatory
- Must be able to work in a wet and cold environment (45ºF, 4ºC) or hot and humid environment
- Must be able to traverse the facility, including up and down stairs and/or ladders if required
- Must be able to inspect and work on all parts of equipment including top, sides, interior and underneath
- Must have good visual skills including the ability to see and accurately distinguish colors
- Frequently uses visual skills to inspect machinery and other areas as needed
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.