Head of Corporate Strategy and Development
WE ARE A PRODUCT COMPANY.
WE ARE A PROCESS COMPANY.
ABOVE ALL, WE ARE A PEOPLE COMPANY.
The history of the Acushnet Company is tightly woven into the fabric of golf. From the start, we’ve been committed to enriching the experience of dedicated golfers through superior product performance, technological innovation, unmatched quality, and exceptional service. We are more than a collection of leading golf brands and products. We are a team united in our passion for the game. We are bridge builders who embrace our responsibility to leave our brands, businesses, communities, and the game of golf in a better position than when we started.
Together we live by the credo, “Autograph your work with excellence.” We earn our position as unrivaled leaders in every category in which we compete, striving for excellence in all that we do – from the performance and consistency of our products to our engagement with golfers and trade partners, to our commitment to creating a workplace built on diversity, inclusion, belonging and respect.
Job Summary: The Head of Corporate Strategy and Development will lead Acushnet’s short-, medium- and long-term corporate strategy development efforts by facilitating the identification of growth drivers and challenges across the Company's diverse portfolio of businesses. This leader will work in partnership with businesses and functions, to support, help implement, and track key strategic projects that have significant impact on the Company. This role will provide strategic thought and project management on a broad range of topics affecting the Company, including analysis in support of new business initiatives (both organic and M&A related) and cross-divisional initiatives that seek to demonstrate the scale and depth of Acushnet.
- Lead the corporate strategic planning process, partner with key stakeholders on specific corporate strategy initiatives across the company, and facilitate high-impact cross-functional and cross-business projects.
- Drive the company’s strategy development across Acushnet’s businesses by working in partnership with senior leaders and corporate management.
- Perform initial competitive and market analysis for key strategic and M&A diligence projects and draw financial insights and implications for the company. Present findings and recommendations as appropriate.
- Identify growth opportunities, business model innovations and facilitate cross-business unit initiatives.
- Identify, define, and articulate industry, market, and emerging trends and how they may affect Acushnet’s businesses.
- Act as liaison for relevant strategic initiatives and help develop and track implementation plans to ensure the right level of focus and discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 10-15+ of relevant professional experience, including broad-based experience in strategy consulting, corporate strategy, and market/financial analysis; at least 2 years experience at a top management consulting firm
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to plan and execute at strategic and tactical levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to connect with all organizational levels and inspire individuals to embrace change.