Heat Treat Specialist – Furnace Operator
Webster Industries, Inc.
Heat Treat Specialist
Operate heat treat furnaces with limited supervision to heat treat rings per specifications.
- Stack rings on trays and use forklift to load transfer tables.
- Operate heat treating furnaces correctly and accurately following predetermined recipes generated by Metallurgy and documented in ISO work instructions.
- Use electrical and mechanical controls to operate manipulator to move rings between transfer tables and tip-up furnaces.
- Maintain heat number and grade tractability for each ring throughout the heat treatment process.
- Operate crane, forklift, and/or squeeze truck to transport rings between forging area, cooling area, and heat treat area, and inspection area.
- Observe per-programmed controls and verifies heat treat program is heating correctly against specified parameters.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to bend, twist, walk, stand, read, lift and manual dexterity. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Webster Industries, Inc. is a Union Shop offering the following benefits:
Benefits available on Day #1 of employment include:
- HSA (Health Savings Account) with a weekly company contribution
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment – Company provided coverage at $30,000
Other benefits offered to our employees include:
- Gainshare Program
- Attendance and Retention Bonus opportunities
- Pension & a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 3% Employer match
- Short Term Disability
- Shift Premiums - $2.00 for 2nd shift and $1.00 for 3rd shift
- $2.00/hour adder for “Webster Qualified” Welder
- $2.00/hour Group Leader Pay
- Up to 10% additional for Facilitator pay
- 2 weeks of vacation after 90 day Probationary period
- Paid Holidays
- Apprenticeship Programs & Continuing Education
- EAP – Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program