Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Dot's Pretzels, LLC
$31 - $45 / hour
Compensation & Benefits
- Eligible for profit sharing which is based on department profitability and individual performance
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Training and development, as well as opportunities to grow within the organization
This individual will be responsible for the effective repair of machinery and components at high levels of quality. Their work must be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. Based upon their level of expertise, the Service Technician may work under direct supervision. This individual must be able to perform quality work as efficiently and profitably as possible, work overtime and weekends on occasion.
Specific Duties Include:
• Diagnose, inspect, recondition, repair, assemble, and service equipment as assigned by the supervisor.
• Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts and fluids used.
• Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment.
• Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership’s area of responsibility
• Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealerships area of responsibility.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Excellent mechanical skills
• Trade-specific tooling, including hand and pneumatic tools
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Graduation from related diesel technology program preferred