Heavy Equipment Mechanic
McConway & Torley, LLC
Arcosa Aggregates is searching for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic for our Rosser, TX plant. In this role you will support a positive safety culture by directing the activities and staff within a 24/7 aggregate environment that is regulated by MSHA safety standards. As a Mechanic, you will support a mining operation by keeping heavy mobile equipment in good operating condition in order to meet production needs.
Arcosa Aggregates is a leading producer and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of natural aggregates, including crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.
What you'll do:
• Comply with all industry safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations
• Identifies mechanical problems visually and/or with computer diagnostic equipment
• Oils and lubricates moving parts on heavy equipment in a mining environment to ensure effective performance.
• Records and reports damaged, worn, or broken parts.
• Orders and installs replacement parts for heavy mobile equipment.
• Identifies the causes of unexpected breakdowns of machines.
• Repairs broken machines quickly and efficiently.
• Cleans, organizes, inventories, stocks, and otherwise maintains shop areas, parts, tools, and supplies.
• Coordinates with plant or maintenance managers to schedule regular maintenance on machines
to complete in a timely manner.
• Collaborates with product or plant manager regarding new products being added and modifications that will be required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to diagnose break downs
• Performs preventative maintenance or makes repairs on rolling stock and heavy equipment (e.g., Oil changes, clean-out)
• Able to perform repairs like remove and install motors, spring and brake work, general repairs
• Be able to perform multiple tasks.
• Sound problem-solving skills
• Be able to communicate with your supervisors, drivers and to function as a team member
What you'll need:
• 4 to 5 years of experience working on heavy mobile equipment in a mining environment.
• Prompt, regular and predictable attendance
• The ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs, ladders and catwalks up to 60 feet as required and lift weights up to 60 pounds.
• The ability to work in a varied outdoor environment (cold, hot, dry, dusty, rainy)
• Extensive knowledge of all aspects of heavy equipment and repair.
• Proficient with related computer diagnostic equipment and software.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues.
• Ability to read service and repair manuals.
• Ability to read work orders.
• Ability to perform repairs in a timely fashion.