Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties, LLC
- Must operate equipment in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and others, as well as to avoid damage to equipment; Must follow Basic and Specific Safety Rules for the assigned task; Must Complete Work Place Exams and Control Hazards that have been Identified
- Must be able to perform duties physical in nature, as well as climb stairs, ladders, and mount/dismount equipment safely.
- Must have degree/certification in diesel mechanics or 2 years of proven Automotive/Diesel related work experience.
- Must be able to communicate verbally, in writing, and electronically.
- Must be able to read and interpret simple equipment prints, wiring diagrams, and hydraulic schematics.
- Must be capable of using all ordinary repair tools and electrical/hydraulic testing instruments as necessary.
- Must be capable of performing routine work without supervision and non-routine work with simple supervision or in conjunction with technicians of higher classification.
- Must be able to work in a group or independently as directed by the supervisor.
- Must be able to perform cleanup work and maintain good housekeeping in the Mobile Equipment Garage and other areas of operation.
- Must be able to supply a drive set up to ½”, a wrench set up to 1-1/4”, an impact set up to ½”, and other basic tools.