Heavy Equipment Operator (KS)
El Dorado, KS
Marmon Railroad Services
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
Responsible for operating heavy equipment to support rail track construction projects.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates loaders, backhoes, etc. in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment.
- Performs all duties in conformance to company safety standards.
- Operators would also perform duties of track laborer when necessary.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential duties of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED preferred
- 2-4 years of experience with heavy equipment operation
- Previous experience with rail construction equipment a plus
- Must be able to operate a backhoe and front end loader
- Must be willing and able to travel out of town to job sites for extended periods.
- Must have a sharp eye for detail
- Superior communication skills; Must be comfortable engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills.
- Must have the ability to work well with others as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently under minimal supervision.
C. Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
D. Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
E. Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with the typical problems that occur in track construction.
Certification required if operating on track controlled by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA).
G. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to operate control levers; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is may be required to sit for to sit for extended periods. The employee must be able to lift and/or move heavy weights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
H. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.ID:uDnQdo