Heavy Machine Operator (A)
Schuff Steel Co.
Employee Value Proposition
Working for a world-class leader in building structures and bridges, a Schuff Steel HMO-A brings his/her expertise and knowledge in fabrication to build some of the most complex and high-profile projects in the commercial building, bridge and industrial sectors. Critical to the field of forming material by operation of CNC machines and equipment such as Plasma Arc, NC Punch Plasma, Beam Line Machine, Beam Punch Operator and NC Angle Master. Also operates machines under HMO B and C classification. The HMO-A utilizes a high degree of proficiency while utilizing full skills of the trade including knowledge and understanding of CNC machine programs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
In return, the Company will offer competitive market-based compensation and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive long-term career.
- Layout, read, interpret blueprints, shop drawings and other company documents.
- Operates heavy steel fabrication machinery according to company requirements.
- Load and unload equipment with material manually and through the use of an overhead crane or magnet.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance.
- Troubleshoot, properly mark and stamp materials.
- Perform daily cleaning of machines.
- Locate parts and supplies for machine operation and grind material.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform other routine duties per management direction.
- Must adhere to and follow all safety rules and PPE requirements
Education/Training - Work Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and/or 12 months experience; completion of a closely related vocational training course through an accredited school may substitute for the required experience
Specialized Knowledge – Certificates & Licenses
- Equipment Knowledge & Skills – includes the operation of CNC machines and equipment such as Plasma Arc, NC Punch Plasma, Beam Line Machine, Beam Punch Operator and NC Angle Master. Also operates machines under HMO B and C Classification. Overhead cranes and forklifts
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
DBM Global including its U.S. subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan
*Recruiters* - Resumes submitted without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of DBM Global Inc. Any recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do business with DBM Global must contact the Talent Acquisition Department at (602) 252-7787. Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.